Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm trying to stream line my army a bit and get a well balanced 1750pts. Looking for some insight:

HQ-1 - Flyrant with Lash Whip & BS & Old Adversary
HQ-2 - Deathleaper
Troop-1 - Warriors x 7 (6 with Deathspitters and 1 with Barbed Strangler)
Troop-2 - Genestealers x 10 (1 being a Broodlord)
Troop-3 - Hormagaunts x 20
Troop-4 - Termagants x 25
Elite-1 - Zoanthrope x 2
Elite-2 - Venomthrope x 2
Heavy-1 - Tyrgon Prime (regen & toxic sacs)
Heavy-2 - Carnifex Brood (2 fexes with crushing claws)
1750pts exactly.

Is there enough Synapse? I know the stealers aren't the best, but I just like the models too much to not include them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, let's see. You've got 4 synapse units babysitting 5 other units. It seems alright but have you thought about which units are going to get picked off first? Typically in my games, the enemy goes for the zoanthropes or flyrant first, which is crippling because it's either my mobile synapse or my backfield synapse.

Because of that, I'd maybe outflank the warriors for some mid-field support, which means taking HC for your flyrant, however. I've also heard good things about having broods of 1 zoanthrope on each side of the field, to create annoying synapse poles with good armour pen and a 3++.

Genestealers are good for tying up your opponent if you infiltrate them behind the enemy. They'll probably get shot up, but if you give them toxin sacs, the possible survivors could wreck something pretty bad before they die. It kind of helps your units stomp they're way up to the enemy, knowing they're busy with the stealers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts