Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been playing around with an army to counter IG. He normally fields 2 large platoons and lots of tanks. Thought of this:

HQ 115pts

Captain PW

Elites 575
Terms x 5 HF
Terms x 5 AC
Dread MM SB Drop pod

Troops 525

Tac squad Rhino
Tac squad
Scout squad SR ML CC
Telion

Fast Attack 60

Land speeder MM

Heavy support 475

LRC MM
Predator AC LC
Whirlwind HKM

1750 points exactly

Reason I quite like this is because I have everything :)
Plan would be to put the captain and the other tac squad in the LRC. Everything would be thrown on the table at once. Terms could teleport in. This should give him too many targets to hit so a lot would get through. The sniper scouts are there to pick troops off and Telion is there to allocate the shooting attacks to the heavy weapon sections of his platoons.
Whirlwind has a HKM cuz had 10 points left, if had more would have given a serg a PF.
Wot do you guys think???

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey mate how many tanks is lots of tanks? are we talking 5 plus ? if thats the case u will need more anti tank and if he fields large platoons does he mix the squads into a big one ? you could try lightning claw or thunder hammer assault termies to ruin his day.Now i play guard myself so the most important rule is get into his face as soon as possible which this list seems to try and do.If he gets 1st turn do u plan to reserve ?Oh one other thing take the hkm off the whirlwind as its ord u cant fire both so give a sarge a combi melta or flamer instead.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I typically run 2 40 man combined squads with autocannons, backed up by 3 command squads (2x PCS, 1x CCS) in chimeras with 4 meltas, 2 manticores and a demolisher squadron of 2.

'Course I could be mean and do mech infantry and have 2 manticores, 2 normal russes, banewolf and 7 chimeras, but would I do a thing like that :grin:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last time I think he had 3 chimera, 2 manticore and 2 demolishers. He played 2 platoons of 40 men each.
Thanks for the tip on the HKM, it was just a thought.
Have a Term Chaplain that I was going to join with 2 LC and 3 SS/TH terms but couldn't fit the points in and still have some heavy fire power. Could keep juggling.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sleep is overrated. Plus I have to do a 1000pt army, build and paint in 3 weeks. I'm basically living on caffeine :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts