Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Brothers,
This weekend my local game store is hosting a 1750pt tournament. Over the passed few days, I have been coming up with some strong lists to make the Templars Proud. The first list I came up with and playtested a few times is this:
List #1 The Vice
HQ:
Marshal: Terminator Armor, Adamantite Mantle, Lightning Claws
Emperors Champion: Accept vow

Elites:
5 Assault Terminators w/ marshal: 3 Lightning Claws, 2 Thunder Hammers w/ S. Shield
Drop Pod Dread: Venerable, H. Flamer, M.Melta
Drop Pod Dread: Venerable, H. Flamer, M.Melta

Troop:
8x Marines: P. Fist, Melta, In Rhino
8x Marines: P. Fist w/ Champion

Heavy:
Land Raider Crusader: Holding Marshal and Terminators
Land Raider: Holding E. Champion and 8 Marines

This list I called the Vice, because I would have the landraiders moving up the board shooting away while the drop pods came down to take out tanks with close range melta shots.
the Rhino would come on in reserve to hold a late point or provide a little back up to something if needed.

List #2 The Spear
HQ:
Marshal: Terminator Armor, Adamantite Mantle, Lightning Claws in Land Raider Crusader 1 w/ Terminators
Emperors Champion: Accept vow in Land Raider Crusader 2

Troops:
10x Marines: P.Fist, Melta (In Land Raider Crusader 2 w/ Champion)
10x Marines: P.Fist, Melta (in Land Raider 1)

Heavy:
Land Raider: w/ 10x marines
Land Raider Crusader 1: 6 Assault Terminators w/ 3 claws and 3 hammers w/ Marshal

Dedicated Transport:
Land Raider Crusader 2: Champion & 10x Marines

This list speaks for itself, 3 land Raiders in a 1750pt game that act as a spear, driving up all together blasting away then setting up several 20 inch punches (move 12, deploy 2, assault 6 = 20)

Please let me know which list i should use or if i should tweak any of them... i want to do well in this tournament... Thank you and may the emperor Protect!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like both lists as they are doing what templar do best!
rules check on the first list though, only one dread can be venerable. With the extra points you can give your terminators furious charge.
On a personal preference I take my marshal with dual LC and Iron Halo, and stick him with the regular marines as the terminators are tuff enuf without him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tested it out (spear) against Nids and Chaos Marines...lost against the nids in an objective game but I beat the chaos marines in a bases game. Keeping the Raiders together makes them very tough, they mass fire something and then when the time comes they pop their tops and out comes the hurt. I think for the tournament I am going to use this list... i do love dreads, but for this tourney I won't be using them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts