1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ:
Rune Priest-110pts
Chooser of the slain

Wolf Lord -230 pts (Goes with Thunder Wolves)
Runic armor
Thunder wolf
Frost Axe
Storm Shield
Wolf Tooth Necklace

Elites:
(3)Wolf Guard-114 pts
3 Power Fists

Troops:
(9)Grey Hunter Pack – 200 pts
Wolf Guard w/ Power fist
Melta gun
Mark of the wulfen
Wolf standard
Rhino Transport

Wolf Guard w/ Power fist
Melta gun
Mark of the wulfen
Wolf standard
Rhino Transport

Wolf Guard w/ Power fist
Melta gun
Mark of the wulfen
Wolf standard
Rhino Transport

Fast Attack:
Land speeder -70 pts
Multi-melta
Heavy flamer

Land speeder -70 pts
Multi-melta
Heavy flamer

(5)Thunderwolf Cavalry-325 pts
1 Frost blade
1 Melta-bombs
1 Storm Shield
1 Plasma pistol

Heavy Support:
(5)Long fangs pack-115 pts
4 Missile launchers

(5)Long fangs pack-115 pts
4 Missile launchers

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good list, but TBH, the Rune Priest seems out of place: he doesn't really have a unit hecan join, so that means he's hanging in the back with the LFs.

i'd drop him and use the points on more LFs or Razorbacks for the LFs or even a LS.

solid list otherwise.

good hunting.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I like the list but I would actually tell you to use the RP. He can provide an invaluable psykic defence.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I like the list but I would actually tell you to use the RP. He can provide an invaluable psykic defence.
No doubt. I just don't like that he's by himself. I guess if the RP was attached to a GH squad I'd be all for it but by himself he's too vulnerable. I guess he could leave the RP with the LF and give Living Lightning?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Should work.

Edit: take out that plasma pistol on the TWC. You don't want that thing blowing up and taking out a 50 point unit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
take out that plasma pistol on the TWC. You don't want that thing blowing up and taking out a 50 point unit.
QFT. I would recommend never giving the TWC a ranged weapon upgrade as you'll almost always want to be fleeting to get into combat anyway.

I'd recommend that you get rid of a solitary Grey Hunter for 15 points. That does 2 things:

1. It frees up a seat in a Rhino for the RP for when you need to push him up in order to shut down psychic powers i.e. Eldar's Fortune

2. You can buy a Combi-Melta for each of the Wolf Guard so that you have 2 Melta shots from each squad the first time you shoot at a tank. It'll be handy for getting things out of their transports for the GH to mangle.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
OK, this will sound odd coming from me.. but why all the shooting? With only 2 uints of Long Fangs, the best you can hope for is to be an annoyance. But they're also taking up a lot of points... Also, the speeders are pretty much throw away too since they need to be w/in 12" to do ugly to your opponent...

So my thought is that you don't have enough shooting to do it well, so why make the attempt?

Perhaps by removing them you can put those 370 into more small units.

One thought would be to stack in a couple of dreads (so that they can get into combat too) and run them as an AV12 screen for your Rhinos... Or two more units of GH...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts