Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Your best bet with this list against Eldar are you Troop choices.

Toe to toe, they’re more versatile and tougher than most Eldar units: as long as it’s not Wraithlords, Wraithguard, or Banshees, you should be able to engage most other units in an Eldar army.

If you do run into Wraithguard, send in the Plague Marines. T5 and FNP against Wraithguard will turn that fight into a tar pit for the both of you guys.

Melta/plasma Wraith Lords. Kill Banshee/Seer Council transports and shoot them as much as you can until they reach your lines.

I agree that you Kharn is the better choice for this list: immunity to psykers will keep him from been Doomed (rerolls to wound).

The Abbadon, LR, + termie unit is your biggest potential fail. At 1750 I pts. I can field easily 4-7 tanks and a good portion of them with Bright Lances (AV 14 becomes 12), not to mention that a well place suicide Fire Dragon (all melta guns) will make short work of your tank or Abby and his friends.

I like the option of taking termies with LC’s and MoS: Initiative 5 rerollable hits is nasty, but the problem I see with this unit is that there are not enough of them to be effective.

A full size Dire Avenger squad can tie you up, especially if gives the Exarch (sgt.) a PW and Shimmer Shield (5++ in melee). If he takes Eldrad or a cheap Farseer you’ll be more screwed as he’ll Fortune himself and you’ll die to attrition.

good hunting.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
while you're correct in your statements, i didn't mention Avatars because they are generally out of favor (based on looking at army lists in the Eldar forum here on Heresy which is of course not definitive, but it's eclectic since people from all the world post lists here) beause he doesn't have fleet or any kind of impressive movement.

he can be easily neutralized in CC if he's in a squad of Avengers//Guardians due to wound allocation (the Avatar's save is good, but he can't make that many Fearless saves) and he can be easily dodged because he's slow.

PM will indeed be hard to kill, but you're not counting the fact that Banshees have PW as standard equipment, and the Exarch has an Executioner, which is a +2S PW (kiss FNP good bye if wounded) that lets you go at initiative and the Exarch is not an independent character. so 9 Banshees wound on 6s and one wounds on 4s: sucks to be them, but it's balance by the fact that they have a stupid number of attacks and a Farseeer with Doom and Fortune can be taken, so you get reroll to wound.

the OP has only 7 PM, attrition will cause him to lose. and because they're PMs, they'll always go last against Banshees. oh yeah, i forgot, if he does take a Farseer with Spirit Stone he can cast two psyker powers per turn, and he gets a Witch Blade, which is a +2to wound regardless of toughness. you'll get saves + FNP, but that's another danger.

good hunting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts