Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, another list addition as i prepare to head into my 4th straight win ;)

Although what im after is feedback on my next opponent...Eldar. I have never played against Eldar before so im unsure what to expect.

Basically i will be putting Abaddon and the 4 termis in the LR and charging straight up the middle. The Dread will be next to it and if crazed fire the blast rocket (frag or krak..cant remember ;)

The berserkers and CSM will be on either side and go on a 45 degree angle to the enemy, both pop smoke and wait till next turn etc. The plague will stay back and hold objective while the Obliterators take pop shots from the back.

Total 1749

HQ
275 - Abaddon

Elite
220 - 4x Termis champs (3 with Dual LC and 1 with Power fist/ combi-melta), mark of slaneesh

100 - Dreadnought with DCCW and Missile Launcher

Troops
231 - 7 plague marines, champ with power fist, 2x with plasma gun

258 - 8x Khorne Berzerkers, Champ with fist, plasma pistol
Rhino smoke launchers, extra armour

270 - 10x Chaos Space Marines, champ with power fist, 2x melta, Icon of Chaos Glory

Heavy
150 - 2x Obliterators
245 - Land Raider with DP and Dozer

·
Registered
496 Posts
against eldar your going to want Kharn, Farseers are going to shit themselves at him :D (hes immune to phsycic in all forms)

TBH dont go abaddon or Termies, Eldar are fast as hell so a Lash-DP will help you keep them close ditch plasma on everything, ALL Eldar have T3 so you dont need them (Berserkers wound on 2+ on the charge)

overall its a good list, but Eldar are Fast, and they have Phsycic powers comming out the ass but they are WEAK (not including Avatar, Wraithguard and Wraithlords) just lock him in combat as fast as possible, possibly get some Noise marines (with Sonic blasters) or Raptors with MoS to help with pinning them down and taking them out

just bear in mind, all Eldar troops are only good at one role (for the most part) so exploit this as much as possible

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Total 1749

HQ
275 - Abaddon
Certainly No Kharn(Immune to Psy), But thats me being biased ;)

Elite
220 - 4x Termis (3 with Dual LC and 1 with Power fist/ combi-melta), mark of slaneesh
This is interesting, Why have you chosen LC's and MoS... I'm not saying its bad, but i'm interested in ur reasoning.

100 - Dreadnought with DCCW and Missile Launcher
I'd take a Twin-linked Lascannon > missile launcher, but i don't think you have the points.
Otherwise, is your opponent running a wave serpant.. If so, don't let those things slip away, chase it with a Dred w/ Multi-melta, 100 Points for an anti-WS is worth it :)

Troops
231 - 7 plague marines, champ with power fist, 2x with plasma gun
Solid, Ignore people saying anti-Plasma, Nurgle loves it, and FNP makes it fairly consistant. But if you do need points, then you don't NEED these.

258 - 8x Khorne Berzerkers, Champ with fist, plasma pistol
This is Khorne, Khorne is good.

270 - 10x Chaos Space Marines, champ with power fist, 2x melta, Icon of Chaos Glory
I don't know if you really need IoCG, not so fimiliar with it, but i don't think it's terribly beneficial

Heavy
150 - 2x Obliterators
245 - Land Raider with DP and Dozer
Love Oblits, honestly worth every single point.
Land raider looks good, like the DP, and Dozerblade is useful if your board has lots of terrain.
Hope i Helped.

Oh and flame reminded me, The avatar dosn't seem to like melta-guns very much :) (nor do wraithlords) I don't know if thats just my experience or well known fact, but it's food for thought as to whether you want a MM-Dred!

And as he says, You need to take advantage of your toughness as Chaos and Eldars lack of it.

Oh and a tip; Dont under-estimate howling banshees... They are bitches :|

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mark of Slaneesh was left there from my previous game with marines. Im open to another suggestion that would favour against Eldar?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hope i Helped.

Oh and flame reminded me, The avatar dosn't seem to like melta-guns very much :) (nor do wraithlords) I don't know if thats just my experience or well known fact, but it's food for thought as to whether you want a MM-Dred!

And as he says, You need to take advantage of your toughness as Chaos and Eldars lack of it.

Oh and a tip; Dont under-estimate howling banshees... They are bitches :|
actualy Avatar is immune to Melta AND Flamer's :3 so no

Also at the original list, drop the Chaos Dread... really i dont think they are worth it, a Defiler would be a better option if you badly needed one

and Howling banshees... yea... you want to slaughter them... FAST (and with ranged) they all have power weapons so watch out for that (and ALWAYS strike at I10 on the first round unless they charge you through difficult terrain)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Not really got much else to say, the only eldar i ever play is against my mate who just holds his home objective with like 4 squads, and goes and captures more...

But it's annoying, because he thinks what hes doing is literally genius, always puts the objective in the same building, with the same people. i've beaten him many-a-time from just 2x defiler - > battlecannon -> taking everything under the template. lmao. Then if the defier gets close Heavyflamer wipes out everything else. :) So i beat my guy with good use of defilers.

But idk how it'll turn out for you, because i don't know if thats typical eldar or just annoying-eldar!

But good luck :)

actualy Avatar is immune to Melta AND Flamer's :3 so no
Lmao!!! Then i've been cheating this guy for like 8 games, roflrofl. Serves him right, he should know more about his army :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Lmao!!! Then i've been cheating this guy for like 8 games, roflrofl. Serves him right, he should know more about his army :D
well i remember reading it last time i read the eldar codex (a while ago) but to my knowlege he still is o.o

Immune to ALL fire and Melta-based weaponry and 4+ invunrible :3

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Your best bet with this list against Eldar are you Troop choices.

Toe to toe, they’re more versatile and tougher than most Eldar units: as long as it’s not Wraithlords, Wraithguard, or Banshees, you should be able to engage most other units in an Eldar army.

If you do run into Wraithguard, send in the Plague Marines. T5 and FNP against Wraithguard will turn that fight into a tar pit for the both of you guys.

Melta/plasma Wraith Lords. Kill Banshee/Seer Council transports and shoot them as much as you can until they reach your lines.

I agree that you Kharn is the better choice for this list: immunity to psykers will keep him from been Doomed (rerolls to wound).

The Abbadon, LR, + termie unit is your biggest potential fail. At 1750 I pts. I can field easily 4-7 tanks and a good portion of them with Bright Lances (AV 14 becomes 12), not to mention that a well place suicide Fire Dragon (all melta guns) will make short work of your tank or Abby and his friends.

I like the option of taking termies with LC’s and MoS: Initiative 5 rerollable hits is nasty, but the problem I see with this unit is that there are not enough of them to be effective.

A full size Dire Avenger squad can tie you up, especially if gives the Exarch (sgt.) a PW and Shimmer Shield (5++ in melee). If he takes Eldrad or a cheap Farseer you’ll be more screwed as he’ll Fortune himself and you’ll die to attrition.

good hunting.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Your best bet with this list against Eldar are you Troop choices.

Toe to toe, they’re more versatile and tougher than most Eldar units: as long as it’s not Wraithlords, Wraithguard, or Banshees, you should be able to engage most other units in an Eldar army.

If you do run into Wraithguard, send in the Plague Marines. T5 and FNP against Wraithguard will turn that fight into a tar pit for the both of you guys.

Melta/plasma Wraith Lords. Kill Banshee/Seer Council transports and shoot them as much as you can until they reach your lines.

I agree that you Kharn is the better choice for this list: immunity to psykers will keep him from been Doomed (rerolls to wound).

The Abbadon, LR, + termie unit is your biggest potential fail. At 1750 I pts. I can field easily 4-7 tanks and a good portion of them with Bright Lances (AV 14 becomes 12), not to mention that a well place suicide Fire Dragon (all melta guns) will make short work of your tank or Abby and his friends.

I like the option of taking termies with LC’s and MoS: Initiative 5 rerollable hits is nasty, but the problem I see with this unit is that there are not enough of them to be effective.

A full size Dire Avenger squad can tie you up, especially if gives the Exarch (sgt.) a PW and Shimmer Shield (5++ in melee). If he takes Eldrad or a cheap Farseer you’ll be more screwed as he’ll Fortune himself and you’ll die to attrition.

good hunting.
i honisly feel plasma will be a better then melta just because of the potential avatar (i know i said not to bother earlyer but i lied <3) and the fact that those badass Plague marines can weidl them is just epic since Banshees will be wounding on 6's XD

you forgot to mention Mind war for Kharn :3

and yes all that termi stuff is completely true, Abaddon may be a juggernaught, but he has no place vsing eldar who will just bumrush him and get away without taking a hit

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
while you're correct in your statements, i didn't mention Avatars because they are generally out of favor (based on looking at army lists in the Eldar forum here on Heresy which is of course not definitive, but it's eclectic since people from all the world post lists here) beause he doesn't have fleet or any kind of impressive movement.

he can be easily neutralized in CC if he's in a squad of Avengers//Guardians due to wound allocation (the Avatar's save is good, but he can't make that many Fearless saves) and he can be easily dodged because he's slow.

PM will indeed be hard to kill, but you're not counting the fact that Banshees have PW as standard equipment, and the Exarch has an Executioner, which is a +2S PW (kiss FNP good bye if wounded) that lets you go at initiative and the Exarch is not an independent character. so 9 Banshees wound on 6s and one wounds on 4s: sucks to be them, but it's balance by the fact that they have a stupid number of attacks and a Farseeer with Doom and Fortune can be taken, so you get reroll to wound.

the OP has only 7 PM, attrition will cause him to lose. and because they're PMs, they'll always go last against Banshees. oh yeah, i forgot, if he does take a Farseer with Spirit Stone he can cast two psyker powers per turn, and he gets a Witch Blade, which is a +2to wound regardless of toughness. you'll get saves + FNP, but that's another danger.

good hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts