Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i've been thinking about my space marine list and I realized that in 7th the 50% reserve rule no longer exists, and I wanted to make a list that exploits that. Also, you know, shteel rain.

HQ:
Chief Librarian Tigurius 165
Librarian, ML2, termi armor, storm sheild, force sword, auspex 130
Command Squad, apocethary, 4x Plasma guns, drop pod 210
Command Squad, 5x vets w meltaguns and boltguns, drop pod 185

Elites:
Dreadnought, multi melta, drop pod 135
9x Sternguard veterans, meltabombs, drop pod w locator beacon 258
8x Sternguard veterans, meltabombs, drop pod w locator beacon 236

Troops:
10x Tactical marines, vet sergeant w meltabombs, drop pod w deathwind missile launcher and locator beacon 215
10x Tactical marines, vet sergeant w meltabombs, drop pod w deathwind missile launcher and locator beacon 215

Total: 1749

General idea is that since there are 7 pods, 4 will come down turn 1. If there are lots of infantry, 2x tac squads and 2x sternguard squads drop, I pop tactical doctrine and shred things (tiggy and librarain ride with the sterngaurd, but they can also join command squads if i feel like that would be better for the situation). If its a more mechanized opponent, I'll drop the dread, command squads and one other squad. I figure with 20x tacticals, 17x sternguard, two librarians and two large blasts i should have enough anti-infantry. I feel like I'm a little light on anti-tank though. Fliers I can just drop in a spot they wont be able to hit, or just ignore them. Luckily no one in my meta runs CSM heldrake spam. Any flier that becomes a problem i can just plonk TL plasma or melta into its rear armor. Melta bombs are in each squad mainly to present a threat to any vehicles, and so no squad can get tied up with an ironclad or eq. Thoughts?

-Arcticor

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update/bump. This is where the list stands as of now.

Chief Librarian Tigurius 165
Librarian, ML2, terminator armor, force sword, storm shield, auspex 130
Command Squad, 5x melta, boltguns, drop pod 185
Command Squad, 4x plasma, bolt pistols, apocethary, drop pod 210
8x Sternvets, sgt with meltabombs and combi-melta, drop pod 236
8x Sternvets, sgt with meltabombs and combi-melta, drop pod 236
10x Tactical squad, meltagun, combi-melta, drop pod 195

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'd drop the Librarian and the Plasma Command Squad for another Sternguard squad, potentially even making all the Sternguard squads smaller to accommodate more combi-weapons. I'd equip two of the squads eith combi-flamers and the third with combi-meltas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts