Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've been brainstorming ideas for nids in 7th and this is what I've come up with. Skyblight gives gargoyles the objective secured special rule, so they're effectively troops.

Flyrant 230
Flyrant 230
Hive crone 155
Hive crone 155
Harpy w hvc 140
Harpy w hvc 140
27x gargoyles 162
27x gargoyles 162
27x gargoyles 162
3x shrikes, deathspitters 105
3x shrikes, deathspitters 105

The concept is fairly simple. It's a mobile hard to hit force that'll just get in the opponents face. The 6 fmcs should help. First priority is take out AA. Shrikes are there for mobile synapse and fire support. My only problem would be against things like wraithknights, currently my solution is just to tarpit.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You know, honestly, I really like it. I assume FMCs shoot up the board in some direction while gargoyles provide synapse for shrikes. I would amlost be tempted to try and make the shrikes more CC oriented (they used to do really well in cC) because I don't think those 18 deathspitter shots really add that much to the army. The rest have plenty of shooting. I think you need a decent CC unit.

Tarpitting seems like a decent way to go.

Also, I'm assuming this is unbound though - I'm not sure how well it could hold up against some other unbound lists, though it seems fairly good and not cheesy for unbound. Wish it could be run legally. Damn GW for not making a way for gargoyles to be troops.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts