Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was play-testing one of my space marine lists and I created a tyranid list for it to play against. This is what I used, and besides both sides dying in droves, it actually performed really well.

Flyrant with 2x devs 260
Tervigon, ag, ts, crushing claws, 3x biomancy power 235
10 termigaunts 50
12 termigaunts 50
30x poisoned hormagaunts 240
Doom + pod 130
2x Hive guard 100
Tyrannofex with the 3x template/blast loadout (acid spray, dessicator larvae and cluster spines I believe) 250
Carnifex with 2x devs 190
Total: 1750

Thoughts?
-Arcticor

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
A good list. my only thought is that I don't really like Tirannofex and Carnifexes. IMO (very much imo) they are two of the lowest point/effective choices in the codex.
Tirannofex is way undergunned, considering that for 250 pts you can have 3 + 2 hive guards
Carnifex is for tank busting? well, maybe. but it's too easy to avoid or tarpit. 190 pts could go for another cheap Tyrant or, better, for a Tervigon/Trigon/Mawloc (i'd say trigon just to screw things a little)
About the poisoned hormas. They will die. in droves and fast. save points and remove poison. 60 pts are good for lots of things.
that's my take at the list
have fun :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after some playtesting this is what I'm thinking.

Flyrant with 2x devs 260
Flyrant with 2x devs 260
10 termigaunts 50
10 termigaunts 50
20x poisoned hormagaunts, spore pod 200
Doom + pod 130
2x Biovores 90
Trygon Prime 240

Reasoning? Well the tyrannofex attracted all of the ap2 firepower from the other army and just flopped before it could do any real damage. I put the hormagaunts in a spore pod because it will help them get to the enemy faster, and with more bodies (I arrived with like 12 models when footslogging). Hive guard went to biovores because that'll save me ten points and I've found that biovores are actually quite useful. Carnifex went up to a trygon prime because its more survivable and in a post-game talk one of my friends said that they are a lot scarier than a carnifex. Scary = good.

Thoughts?
-Arcticor

·
Registered
11 Posts
The hormagaunts can't assault whenn they strike in so they won't do annything whenn they come in.

trygon is good and scary but without a real need for the synapse i find Prime to expensife.

Biovores are usefull but they fill an entirely different role thenn Hiveguard.

I would drop the prime and run a regular trygon, replace the hormagaunts with 14 devourer gaunts, thenn use the remaining 100 points for 2 hiveguard.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would have to agree with Amoras --

drop the Guants for Devilgants in a pod, much more effective and a lot scarier than some hormas coming down in a cluster. drop the prime and use the saved points for more Hive Guard since you took them away.

If the Trygon gets out of synapse they actually get better if they fail their LD, they get rage so that is 8 attacks on a charge instead of 7, its a lot better than a Prime. The 6 extra shooting attacks doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Alright, thanks guys. Makes sense. I dropped the biovores and replaced them with hive guard because honestly I think nids are fine with anti-infantry.

Flyrant with 2x devs 260
Flyrant with 2x devs 260
10 termigaunts 50
10 termigaunts 50
19 Devilgaunts, spore pod 230
Doom + pod 130
2x Hive Guard 100
Trygon 200

-Arcticor