Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay I have a 1750 tourney on Saturday, here is the list. I know of at least 2 space puppy players, 1 GK player, and one BA player are attending so far so this army will be targeting those meq jerkfaces... Also I do not know what scenarios we are playing, I believe it is random

HQ

Prince - 200 points
Warptime, MoT, Wings, Bolt of Change

Sorceror - 180 points
Warptime, MoT, Bolt of Change
( My standard HQ choices of late)

Elite:
Dreadnought -100pts
Multimelta

Troops:
10 Chaos Space Marines - 220pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, 2 Plasmaguns
( sits on home objective if there is one)

10 Chaos Space Marines - 270pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor

8 Khorne Berzerkers - 258pts
Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor

Heavy Support:
Predator - 165points
Twin-Linked Lascannon, Sponson Lascannons

Defiler -150pts
3DCCW, Reaper AutoCannon

Havocs- 185pts
x2 Lascannon X2 ML

1728/1750... I think yall can do better...

I wish I hadn't commisioned some of my models to be painted today I won't get them back in time grrr!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Annoyingly the most competitive list i know for chaos is filthy Slaanesh lashing.

as for this list...

Defilers aren't worth it in ones. It'll be destroyed 1st turn as target Priority. Reckon your better off with another Triple Las Pred like your first one.

Watch out for the Frenzied rule with your MM Dread, could go seriously wrong.

How many hacovs is there, and what's there role?

i'd say drop the Plasmagun on the objective-CSM, but you like plasma so proberbly no convincing you otherwise. :p

·
Registered
390 Posts
For the objective csm i'd drop the power fist and a plasma gun and take a lascannon.

Havocs work best in what I call mono-havocs e.g. 4 of one weapon to help them do the job that you want.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
there is only 5 havoks... and I am hoping to add some more stuff to my model pool this weekend. I might be getting a hold of 3 to 5 rhino chassis to convert some preds and vindis....

Also my havocs will probably sit near the home objective in cover blasting away at whatever comes close to them. That what I normally do with them. If the match doesn't have an objective then I will just grab some cover with them and fire at anything in range.

If I get another rhino chassis before the tourney I will prolly make it into a pred matching the other one for redundancy and alter my list to fit it

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
hard to suggest ideas without know what you're model pool, but i would drop the extra armor from the rhino that's not carrying Berzerkers.

the sit at home squad shouldn't have a PF.

i'd switch the Pred to have AC and TL LC sponsons: it will be cheaper that way.

and lastly i would reconsider the single Defiler.

good hunting.

·
Registered
670 Posts
HQ

Prince - 200 points
Princes should be in pairs. Warptime is also better power.

Sorceror - 180 points
( My standard HQ choices of late)
Sorcerer ain't bad but I'd only put lash on a Sorcerer and nothing else, that way can hide in a Rhino as meltaguns can do what BoC does.

Elite:
Dreadnought -100pts
Multimelta
Take in pairs and keep it in front at all times.

Troops:
10 Chaos Space Marines - 220pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, 2 Plasmaguns
You cannot assault after firing plasmaguns so having the fist isn't good weapon synergy. I'd ditch the power fist, CSM can fight in assault ok, you only need a fist to smack tanks if meltas fail or monstrous creatures.

Ok but you don't really need extra armour.

8 Khorne Berzerkers - 258pts
Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor
These are ok.

Heavy Support:
Predator - 165points
Twin-Linked Lascannon, Sponson Lascannons
Too expensive take Obliterators instead which cover a majority of roles. If you don't want them take auto/las which is cheaper.

Defiler -150pts
3DCCW, Reaper AutoCannon
Just a big expensive bullseye really and it cannot fire the reaper if it uses the battlecannon. If you keep it then take in pairs.

Havocs- 185pts
x2 Lascannon X2 ML
Definately take Obliterators here!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
extra armour is not a waste of points. So many times it has saved me from stunned results. Only fucking idiots run rhino's without it or Demonic Possession. P fist in home objective holding squad is for when the bastards Drop pod in a dreadnought next to the objective. IF I had more melta guns I would have those on that squad too. Also here is an updated list.

HQ

Prince - 200 points

Sorceror - 180 points
(rides in LR with KBs)

troops:
10 Chaos Space Marines - 285pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, plasma pistol, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor

8 Khorne Berzerkers - 208pts
Skull Champion, Powerfist, rides in LR with Sorcerer

Heavy Support:
Predator - 180points
Twin-Linked Lascannon, Sponson Lascannons, extra Armor

Landraider - 240pts
Demonic Possession

Havocs- 185pts
x2 Lascannon X2 ML

1748/1750

I think this list will perform better

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Land Raider is too expensive. I think that you should have a vindicator with daemonic possession. Thats 140pts. Get a rhino for your zerkers and upgrade it with daemonic possession.

you have 30 pts. Do what you want with this, but I recommend you place that sorcerer with daemon prince. Thats about 210pts you can play with. Flight is a must have. I think mark of nurgle is good, but as someone else said, mark of slaanesh is awesome and goes well with your firepower army. I prefer it for close combat too. I think the new daemon prince army is also pretty cool to convert and stuff.

·
Registered
670 Posts
extra armour is not a waste of points. So many times it has saved me from stunned results. Only fucking idiots run rhino's without it or Demonic Possession. P fist in home objective holding squad is for when the bastards Drop pod in a dreadnought next to the objective. IF I had more melta guns I would have those on that squad too. Also here is an updated list.
You still cannot shoot from it and making a cheap vhiecle more expensive. I guess there must be loads of "fucking idiots" around then. Not like your troops are in a rush to get anywhere, they don't need to be delivered i.e Terminators.

Who says a Drop Pod is going to drop in? It's a "what if" situation.

Sorcerer with bolt should be firing out a transport, put the Sorcerer in a Raider he cannot fire unless he gets out and you want to be assaulting instead of hoping to pop a transport with a possible single shot and then assault.

Pred is still too expensive and doesn't need extra armour because it still cannot fire.

Havocs are still messed up. Lascannon is anti tank, missiles anti tank and anti troop. I would take just missiles only.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When registering for this weekends tourney I was given the opportunity to view the other players lists. That is how I know that 3 of the 16 players are running Space wolves Drop pod armies and 1 BA player is Drop podding in a Fur-nought.

Thats 4 armies with pods so far. enough for me to spend the extra points for a pfist.

My troops will be in a rush to go places if there are objectives. I admit I shouldn't put the sorcerer in the LR. He needs a rhino. I did modify the list to give all the rhinos Demonic Possession, the Pred Extra armor, I dropped the plasma pistol in the one squad of CSM and I added a second twinlinked bolter to a rhino with twin linked and dp gives me about 75% chance to hit with twinlinked weapons, so no big loss.

I was considering a winged lash sorcerer instead of the Mot Warptime BoC sorcerer but I am not sure how effective it will be. with only one DP in my model pool at this time I cannot replace the Sorcerer with one.

THe idea is to cruise around in the melta rhino delivering drive-by melta shots and clean up with the dp or zerkers & sorceror. when the zerkers and Sorcerer assault I can move them to cover and the next turn shoot with sorcerer when the next group of enemies buzz in.

Of course the LR and PRED can handle anti tank while the havocs camp home with the plasma squad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts