Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys got a tournament on the 18th

i have tried very hard to reach that mark but with all the mech and bits ive got still havent quite reached 1750 points yet

so heres the list of what i have so far (p.s never done mech before im usualy a massive horde guy but we only have 2 hrs per game...)

HQ

War Boss w/ PK, TL shoota, eavy armour,cybork - 105

Big Mek w/ kustom forcefield - 85

TROOP

5 nobz + painboy w/ eavy armour, cyborks, 2 PK's, big choppa, BP, waagh banner (kitted differently for wound allocation) - 285

dedicated transport
battle wagon w/ deff rolla, armour plates, grot riggers, big shoota - 130

19 shoota boyz + nob w/ PK, 2 x big shootas - 170

HEAVY SUPPORT

pretty easy warboss goes with nobs in battlewagon, mek goes with a unit of shootas in a battlewagon and remaining shoota boyz go in the remaining battlewagonz.

ok all that is 1505 points so 245 points to play with if you can give me ideas please :) also C&C welcome

·
4,491 Posts
Typical 4BW list. Cant flaw much really.

Only advise i can give is adding in some Lootas for anti-tank, or else adding in Warbuggies with TLRL's which will benefit from the KFF.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was thinking maybe 12 lootas with a grot screen to sit on home objective (you can string grots pretty well) either that or some outflanking warbuggies.

and i know the list is a bit cheese but this is my first tournament i am paying to enter i came second in my last because of a spammy drop pod list i dont want that to really happen again so its time for the orks to bring the cheese lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ok, this list is cheese, cheese, cheese. Kudos. I love it. My mega lists are very very similar.

Basically what KoC said. Lootaz are the best thing for this list as you have the kitchen sick already. (I like the idea of the grot screen, I never thought to do that, I usually just use them as objective sitters)

You can play orks 2 ways to be competitive. All Orks (and damn is that scary) or build exactly like this and table everyone

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gretchin make a great screen i call them the walking wall i use them to protect my anti tank (lootas and kannons) and boy dont it work ! also stops them getting a fast unit around your bank and raping your lootas

if gretchin get assualted assualt with your lootas there still 15 boys! with same characteristics and the squad should be toast :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts