Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help me tweak this, I was thinking combi-flamers for the sarges and possibly x2 PC's in the stern? anything at all is appreciated :)

1750/1750pts

** HQ **
Captain Marcus 170pts
-Relic Blade, Digital Weapons
-Storm Shield, Artificer armor

Chaplain Gaius 100pts

*** Troops ***
(10)Tactical Squad Alpha 250pts
-Sergeant w/Powerfist
-Lascannon, Plasma gun
-Rhino
(10)Tactical Squad Beta 250pts
-Sergeant w/Powerfist
-Lascannon, Plasma gun
-Rhino
(5)Combat Squad Gamma 90pts

*** Elites ***
(10)Sternguard Veterans 330pts
-Sergeant w/Powerfist
-x4 Combi-melta
-Rhino

(5)Terminator Assault Squad 200pts
-Sergeant w/Lightning claws
-x4 Thunderhammer/Stormshield

*** Heavy Support ***
Predator 120pts
-Autocannon
-Side sponson Lascannons
Predator 120pts
-Autocannon
-Side sponson Lascannons
Predator 120pts
-Autocannon
-Side sponson Lascannons

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would drop the chaplain, try to avoid putting too many points into assault when you have no goo delivery and are basically using your assault units as a deterrent. Drop the powerfists on the tactical squads as well, then with your 150 points split the existing sternguard squad into two and increase them each to 7 and buy one of them rhino, then with your 15 left over points apply extra combi weapons or upgrades at will.

I would suggest dropping the combat squad and buying a landspeeder instead, you lack fast expendable melta, possibly drop one of the predators for those as well,. Other then that you have a good army with long ranged anti tank and good midfield control. The Only thing kind of out of place is the captain, you could switch him for a null zone libby and buy another speeder with those points.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i guess i don't see how your list works, really. tanks drive up, dakka dakka pkew pkew. rhinos rush 12 inches - pop smoke, pop out troops to shoot during turn 2 or zoom another few inches to disembark them. on your sternguard i would lose the PF and go with insane levels of combi-melta (i see a lot that in competition and i love to see it work, melta is the king of 5e). but the captain and chap are foot slogging attached to squad gamma? or the terms? or capt + chap on the assault terms and they deep strike later? that would be 470 pts that isn't even attacking on the board until turn 3 or 4. :(

i think 3/4 of your list is mobile and your captain and chaplain aren't deliverable, chaplain also needs a cc squad. and i don't think you're threatening enough in cc for tournament play. a tournament list should be less thematic and more nasty and busy in all three phases with more overlap of unit synergy.

i think lose one of the tanks and at least add a dread - something that can cc and fire support for your tacticals. loose squad gamma for a landspeeder?

sorry to sound negative on your list. i trying to helpful with being critical. i hope people pull on my lists as well. god knows, my dice went out on me at the club last week so i need a spiffier list!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts