Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying my hand at the somewhat-new Raven Guard specific gladius detachment. After looking at it in depth its very true to the raven guard while still being very powerful and adaptable, which i think is wonderful. Finding a list thats both fluffy and hard as nails is hard to do. This is what i've come up with

Pinion Battle Company:
-Captain, Armour of Shadows, Storm Shield 140
-10x Tac squad, plasma gun, rhino, dozer blade 195
-5x Assault squad, jump packs, 2x flamer, melta bombs 100
-5x Dev squad, 4x lascannons 150
-3x scout bikes, 2x astartes grenade launcher 64
-3x scout bikes, 2x astartes grenade launcher 64
-5x scouts, camo cloaks, sniper rifles 70

Raptor Wing:
-2x land speeders w 1x MM each 110
-Stormtalon w skyhammer 115
-Stormtalon w skyhammer 115

Suppression Force:
-2x land speeders w 1x MM each 110
-2x Whirlwind 130

Total is 1753, so I'd like to find a way to drop 3 points. Easiest way I see is through three sniper rifles, since the sniper scouts are mainly there to provide ignores cover to the devs, and will most likely be out of LoS. Captain absorbs bullets for the devs and gives them some shrouded love. I'm hoping I can find 40 points to fit in a land speeder storm to help discourage deep strikes and harass any units it can. I'm debating dropping a squad of scout bikers for this, but I think the scouts are more useful. Lastly, unsure as to whether or not I should run the assault marines with JPs or in a drop pod. Benefits of JP is that I can use it in the move and assault phase due to RG tactics, and I think they'll get shrouded as well turn 1. Cons are that they might just die before they can do anything useful, whereas with a drop pod itll impact my opponents deployment strategy. Also not sure. Thoughts?
-Arcticor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts