Crimson Hunter

Crimson Hunter

Heavy Support:

War Walker Squadron [3 War Walkers] - Eldar Missile Launcher, Scatter Laser

Fire Prism - Holofield

Fire Prism - Holofield

1750/1750

Comments:

I've though about adding an Autarch to this list, but I'm unsure if it's worth removing the Farseer in order to get +1 to reserve rolls (I need the Spiritseer to unlock the 4th troop choice). I also am unsure how to equip an Autarch.

I feel like the list is able to take on all threats, however I'm wondering if I should change certain load outs (Such as the War Walkers using Missile Launchers or the Wraithguards not having D-Scythes)

I suppose the Rangers could be replaced with 6 Jetbike Troops, but the Rangers allow for more upgrades on the tanks.

Basically any critiques or comments are appreciated, I've never played Eldar and only got the book yesterday, so I may be missing something obvious or important. I can only afford to buy so many models and I can't magnetize so I'll be gluing the weapons on, so I want to make sure these options are all around good instead of just situationally useful.

Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run my autarch like this I think it works pretty good

Autarch - Jetbike, Mantle of The Laughing God, Shard of Anaris comes out to 165 points but is a beast with the hit and run rule. get in their tie up a unit and back up and repeat its up to you thats just an option and I like a jetbike squad more then rangers but thats up to you I feel like that can pack a little more punch the a 5 man ranger squad but thats up to you good luck in your games :eek:k:

·
Registered
720 Posts
To be honest I find the missile launchers to expensive now. Id rather run my warwalkers with either double bright lances, double scatter lasers and sometimes scatter laser, bright lance. What id do is swap the rangers for 3 jetbikes, then drop one dire avenger and with those points spared including the points spared from dropping the missiles you can give your wraithguard flamers, as you already have plenty of anti tank.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I run my autarch like this I think it works pretty good

Autarch - Jetbike, Mantle of The Laughing God, Shard of Anaris comes out to 165 points but is a beast with the hit and run rule. get in their tie up a unit and back up and repeat its up to you thats just an option and I like a jetbike squad more then rangers but thats up to you I feel like that can pack a little more punch the a 5 man ranger squad but thats up to you good luck in your games :eek:k:
I like your loadout but I prefere mine:
Autarch
- Fusion gun
- Lance
- Jetbike
- Mantle of the laughing god
This gives him strength 6 on the charge and a reliable anti tank with the fusion gun.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Concur with the advice above.

EML on the WW cost too much. 2xBL for AT or 2xSL for infantry are both better. (2xBL is superior to BL/SL due to the chance of two hits with the lance. So it's better to go with two of the same instead of mixing them up).

Rangers don't seem to fit in the list as they want to sit still and pretty much the rest of your army is flying around the board.

Keeping the core of what you started with, I'd probably do something like this:

HQ:
Farseer - Singing Spear, jetbike (goes where needed)
Warlock (joins guardians)
Spiritseer (joins scytheguard obviously)

Troops:
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent - TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holofield

Guardian Defenders x10 - bright lance (probably sit them on backfield objective)

Wraithguard x5, D-scythe
Wave Serpent - TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holofield

Windriders x3 (sit in reserve)

Fast Attack:
Crimson Hunter
Crimson Hunter

Heavy Support:
War Walker Squadron [3 War Walkers] - 2x Scatter Laser
Fire Prism
Fire Prism

1746/1750

1 - 5 of 5 Posts