Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tweaking my Space Wolves list, trying something a bit different than my usual rhino rush list. Feedback is Appreciated. This list would be for competitive play but probably not friendly play.

[100] Rune Priest - Murderous Hurricane, Living Lightning (Joins Rhino)

[85] Lone Wolf - Terminator Armor, Storm Shield, Chain Fist
[85] 5 Wolf Scouts - Meltagun
[238] 6 Wolf Guard - 5 Combi-melta/Power Fist (join rhino/razor squads), 1 Combi-Melta (joins scouts)

[130] 5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Wolf Standard, TL-HB Razorback
[155] 5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, TL-Lascannon Razorback (No wolf guard, camps home objective)
[170] 8 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Wolf Standard, Rhino

[140] 6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers
[140] 6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers
[115] 5 Long Fangs - 4 Missile Launchers

1748/1750

Quick Stats:63 guys, 6 vehicles, 14 missiles, 1 TL-lascannon, 4 TL-heavy Bolters, D6 Autocannon shots, 13 Meltaguns, 5 Power Fists, 1 Chain Fist

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Solid list, very little advice i can give here. maybe swap the lone wolf for another scout unit, but that is just a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would drop the Lone wolf and upgrade a few of your razorbacks.
I thought about that actually... and have run the lasplas variation numerous times but I feel like 75 points for a lascannon is too much. OR I try to bring my wolves to mid and forgo shooting. My goal with the HB is this:
If I feel the need to reposition and move, I do. So I lose a heavy bolter. Don't need to move? Great I can pump out some reliable midstrength shots.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another option might be to drop the LW and upgrade 3 of the lasbacks and make one squad of LF into heavy bolters. They move up on turn one, and shoot after that, giving you 5+1 HBs and 4 lasbacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts