5 wolf gaurd terminators-705
3 TH/SS
1 cyclose missle launcher lightning claws
Arjac rockfist
In land raider crusader

Heavy
Vindicator-115

Vindicator-115

Should have 100 points to play with. add a rune priest ect? Suggestions?

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
With those 100 points I would buff up your grey hunter squads. Give them MotW and standards and they will be much more vicious.

Since this seems to be an assault oriented list I'm a little worried about the vindicators since those pie plates may end up being the end of you. If they work from your experience then go for it but I prefer long fangs on almost all occasions. The ability to split fire and take cheap missile launchers is awesome.

I'm also concerned that you only have two troop choices at 1750. I would opt for three or more as the space wolves troops are probably the best in the game. To add one more I would probably drop Arjac as that should free up another 188 points. With those extra points and the points left over from upgrading your initial troops you could prolly afford one more squad of grey hunters (perhaps not quite fully kitted out though).

About Njal, I don't want to change your list too drastically but where were you planning on putting him? His Lord of Tempests ability requires he have line of sight to his target (as well as his other shooting powers) and that will not be happening from inside the land raider. Perhaps you could put him in the third troop rhino I suggested. I like Njal and he is a lot of fun, just be careful with how you use him since he costs an arm and a leg.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
GHs with pf is stupid. You can get a wg pack leader is one who will have more attacks for 2 or 3 points less.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Hey it's late, so please read a smile with this... I swear I'm not trying to be a douche.

Njial is sort of a waste of points... I think you'd be better off with two Rune Priests.
Termies are too expensive in Wolf Lists... Basic Termie Assault Squad costs 115 points more than codex... seems like you're not playing to the codex's strength - I think Codex Marines can do the big rock much cheaper and more effectively...
705 points in one uber unit is not a good allocation of resources
Vindicators aren't all that good normally... when compared against the Long Fang pack with 5 ML for 25 more points, it just don't seem worth it.
Two troops aint enough at 1750 - You'll get popped early in the game and then get torrented. Also, if you're playing an objective mission, one group will be hanging out on the objective all game.
You have no long range punch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i agree with most of what has been said. drop the termies and vindis.
njal doesnt feel worth his points
and fists on grey hunters are worthless. 25 points for 1 attack, 2 on the charge?
not worth it.

id say to get 2 power armor rune priests and drop njal.
drop the grey hunters down to 8 man squads and add a standard, switch the plasma to melta, and add a wolf guard with a fist and combi melta.
maybe add a 5 man squad in a razor back for holding a home objective and range. then get some long fangs and maybe some cavalry for added cc punch.

the termies and the land raider can be nice if done right at higher points or better said the land raider is still good. 14 bloodclaws, a wolf priest and ragnar blackmane coming out of a crusader will mess up someones day. instead of this massive unit you can use thunder wolves and/or a wolf lord on a thunder wolf mount. or an iron priest with a bunch of cyber wolves. the lord and cav are the best though.

just some ideas for you to ponder.

·
Registered
43 Posts
and fists on grey hunters are worthless. 25 points for 1 attack, 2 on the charge?
not worth it.
Actually it would be 2 and 3, since all GHs have CCW and pistol, but in spirit with this suggestion, for 3 points more each, you could change those GH with fists to WG pack leaders with fist and combi-weapons without even changing your KP total. Or, for 8 points per squad you could change the fist to a PW AND swap in a WG pack leader with PW and combi-weapon, giving you 4-6 PW attacks in CC.

I see what you want to do with the Vindicators, I suspect you have had luck with them in the past; likely castling them up behind your other tanks. I like stormcaller on my runepriests in this type of situation for the cover save for nearby models, so having more is nice in that aspect. If your opponents are savvy however, they will give your vindis the 2 foot bubble and pick you apart from range or land deep strikers on your teaparty

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
pull out the bloodclaws dude I took 90 of them then took out a genestealer army of 200 plus models in close combat nothing more satisfying then 4 attacks on a charge with 15 models a group so I personally like them more then hunters but I play nids so my wolves take on the same "I'M IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING BASE KILLING YOUR MOTHERFUCKING DUDES" personality :D

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
no he is correct GH are equipped with a BP CCW AND a Bolter

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
PF doesn't get an extra attack for the pistol.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I stand corrected as well nevermind my post xD

·
Registered
155 Posts
not really, power fists are S8. that is why you take them. because you can pop transports, one hit kill expensive HQ models and hurt monstrous creatures with them. taking a power weapon gives you 3 S4 attacks on the charge, you hit on 4+ and you wound on 4+, so you might kill one or 2 models a turns with that but a fist hit's on a 4+ and wounds on a 2+, still taking away armor, sure it goes last but that is actually a good thing sometimes. if it went at I4 that would be awesome but going last means they cant stack the wounds during wound allocation. plus you can see where you need to put your attacks more when fighting 2 units.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts