5x Assault, power axe, melta bombs 105
5x Assault, power axe, melta bombs 105
10x Devastators, 4x multi-meltas, pod 215
10x Devastators, 4x multi-meltas, pod 215

Skitarii Maniple
5x Vanguard, 2x arc rifles 85
5x Vanguard, 2x arc rifles 85

Total: 1746
The plan is pretty simple. Vanguard go in the spare drop pods. 4 pods drop turn 1, and tiggy will help the last one come in turn 2. Most likely tiggy will roll on pyromancy (wut) for that anti-infantry ignores cover nova, and grab psychic scream or prescience if I can. He'll ride w the sternvets. Depending on what i'm facing, I'll either split up the devs into 4x melta squad and a suppression squad, or 2x meltas in each if i want to spread the love. Vanguard are there so the entirety of my anti-tank isnt on 8 MEQs. Also because they're good against wave serpents which I face a lot. I wish i had the points to flesh out the vanguard to 10 men just for bullet sponges, but i feel like I'd have to drop something valuable. Assault marines are there to try to bludgeon hull points off of rear armour, or tie up shooty units. Don't let me forget to throw a krak grenade before I charge a rhino. Anyway, thoughts?
-Arcticor

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That's a pretty nasty list, lots of anti-tank and hard hitting from turn 1. I think you'd be tabling my IG in one or two turns, but against orks or tyrannids I think you'd find yourself at a disadvantage with bolters and the librarian as your best bet.

Have you played any games with this list yet?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah originally I had the whirlwind suppression force in place of the skitarii, but I realized I had no way of dealing with wave serpents except pointing all the mutli meltas at one. Not really sure what I should do about anti-infantry. If I found the points I'd definitely bring back the suppression force, or even just a squad of whirlwinds. Havent had a chance to play any games though, just due to college. Any thoughts on what might be droppable? Should I even include skitarii?
-Arcticor

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you'd actually be better served by the Whirlwinds. Plus not enough lists make good use of Whirlwinds.

Aside from that: 8x multi-meltas? Holy crap man you must face some serious armour!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ntaw, I regularly face av13 tau with 3+ cover from adl and disruption pods. I pack heat. I also have to deal with Wave Serpents and their serpent shields - any thoughts on how to deal w those without skitarii haywire? At 2k I'd definitely bring a battery of stalkers but I can't have everything I guess. I'll definitely try out both the WW version and skitarii version and see what happens, but thatll be a long time from now with all my minis at home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.