Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
you only have one good option for long range hole punching, you'll need a lot more if your to stress your opponent in the first turns, especially where your not a lightning strike tactic and a smart opponent will widdle you down almost for free.

to refine your plan a bit, of my mind...
id drop the captain and the homers from the tac squad, drop telion and at and least one thunderfire cannon. I think that opens up about 300pts + 180 is 480. Could add any number/blend of predators w/ laz, ranged dreads, or land speeder typhoon pattern.

oh yea, is your librarian running with the terminators? if so, why deep strike them when you are going to use gate of infinity? Null zone can be damn handy, especially with a teleporting termie unit.

gg gl

·
Registered
220 Posts
looks good man.

...as clt says, if the missile launcher guys are in the rhinos, they are basically moot. if you replace the tac squad rhino transports for razorbacks w/ las, dropping telion and the meltas from your tac squads for flamers, i think you can squeeze it. Most of the time you'll leave half of the squad behind (w/ Rokkit launchers) and run with the remaining 5 to objectives and such.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i don't think that when you use gate of infinity you'd scatter as you would when deep striking. i thought that the similarities in the two effects are that the unit couldn't move and are deployed similarly, but may shoot.

list looks cool man, hope you can afford it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.