Librarian w/Terminator Armor and melta combi, Gate of Infinity, The avenger

Tactical w/PF, MG, RL, Homer, Rhino w/armor

Tactical w/PF, MG, RL, Homer, Rhino w/armor

5 Scout snipers w/Telion, cloaks, RL

5 Termies w/assault cannon

2 Thunderfire Cannons

Pred Annihilator with LC sponsons

It still leaves me with 180pts.

Im trying for more of a gunline army. The Libby and Captain will be with Termies and The Libby will allow me to jump the termies around the board if needed using the teleport homers. The scouts will set on an objective with the Cannons getting a 2+ cover save. The Rhinos will go out and take objectives.

·
Registered
220 Posts
you only have one good option for long range hole punching, you'll need a lot more if your to stress your opponent in the first turns, especially where your not a lightning strike tactic and a smart opponent will widdle you down almost for free.

to refine your plan a bit, of my mind...
id drop the captain and the homers from the tac squad, drop telion and at and least one thunderfire cannon. I think that opens up about 300pts + 180 is 480. Could add any number/blend of predators w/ laz, ranged dreads, or land speeder typhoon pattern.

oh yea, is your librarian running with the terminators? if so, why deep strike them when you are going to use gate of infinity? Null zone can be damn handy, especially with a teleporting termie unit.

gg gl

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If I just deal with the 180 points I would go 2 mm/hf landspeeders and add a terminator.

This will allow you to put some pressure on his units that are hanging back shooting at you.

I do not know how well the TFCs work I have not used them yet. It looks like against hordes it would be awesome. I would think about dropping the extra armor on both rhinos and giving the CPT art armor and an aux launcher so that the turn he gates with the Lib he can still shoot instead of just standing there looking pretty.

My plug nickle

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
To mirror the other comments, you just don't have enough punch... Have you considered combat squadding your tacs and giving them a Razorback w/ a good gun... that would give you two more things that had a real threat every turn.

Also, the Tunderfire cannon is not a real threat to vehicles and if you move your rhinos, the Missile Launcher is out of play that turn... So once I can drop the pred, it's just a matter of shooting everything at your Termies... Once those two threats are gone (turn 1 unless you're real lucky) then you're out of ranged threat.

I would suggest you either build the list around the cannons or the termies... but I don't think you can do both effectively.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, this one has more of a punch. What do you guys think?

Librarian in Termie armor with combi-melta

10 man Tactical w/PF, Melta, RL, and a rhino w/armor

10 man Tactical w/PF, Melta, RL, and a rhino w/armor

5 man Termie with assault cannon

5 Sniper Scouts w/Telion, cloaks, RL

Thunderfire Cannon

Pred with all LC

Pred with all LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

·
Registered
220 Posts
looks good man.

...as clt says, if the missile launcher guys are in the rhinos, they are basically moot. if you replace the tac squad rhino transports for razorbacks w/ las, dropping telion and the meltas from your tac squads for flamers, i think you can squeeze it. Most of the time you'll leave half of the squad behind (w/ Rokkit launchers) and run with the remaining 5 to objectives and such.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So more like this?

Librarian in Termie armor

10 man Tactical w/PF, flamer, RL, and Razorback w/assault cannons and extra armor

10 man Tactical w/PF, flamer, RL, and Razorback w/assault cannons and extra armor

5 man Termie w/assault cannon

5 Sniper Scouts w/cloaks, RL

Thunderfire Cannon

Pred with all LC

Pred with all LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

Or would this work better....

Librarian

Thunderfire Cannon

Pred with all LC

Pred with all LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I'd very much suggest swapping the turrets of those predators back to autocannons. Yeah the third twin linked shot is nice, but your predators do become expensive for it. I would say use some of those points to get your tactical squads their meltaguns back (personally, I've always found meltaguns compliment powerfists the best and flamers to power weapons.)

In your first of those two lists, you now have enough points to get Telion back and toss in a few more terminators. Also, I'd suggest swapping the assault cannon out for a cyclone missile launcher on those terminators if they have any intention of running up the field rather than deep striking in or gating around with the librarian.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

10 man Tactical w/PF, Melta, RL, and Razorback w/assault cannons and extra armor

10 man Tactical w/PF, Melta, RL, and Razorback w/assault cannons and extra armor

Thunderfire Cannon

Pred w/Auto turret, LC spnsons

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

Dreadnought w/RL, LC

Ok, i thinks its really good. BUt should i give my Sergeants homers so when i gate my termies they wont scatter?

·
Registered
220 Posts
i don't think that when you use gate of infinity you'd scatter as you would when deep striking. i thought that the similarities in the two effects are that the unit couldn't move and are deployed similarly, but may shoot.

list looks cool man, hope you can afford it!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The codex says that when a unit gates that it uses the Deep Strike rules. So I assume that the unit would scatter. So i might squeeze in homers for them. But thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
teleport homers are a great idea.

i'd change out the Dreads to have two TL AC (not that your current set up is bad, it's that the 'Rifleman' is cheaper, and you get more shots), drop the Thunderfire, and add more termies.

list is showing improvement.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have ran combat squads with the PF and I have found that most of the time the squad gets assaulted while holding and obj and the squad is whipped before the fist can strike. I would look at PW/combi flamers on the sergeants and melta guns in the squad. I think the homers would work well as the termies can gate in to back them up. I would drop the extra armor to get it. I think the LC/TLPG works better than the TLAC.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

10 man Tactical w/PW, combi-flamer, Melta, RL, homer, and Razorback w/assault cannons and extra armor

10 man Tactical w/PW, combi-flamer, Melta, RL, homer, and Razorback w/assault cannons and extra armor

Thunderfire Cannon

Dreadnought w/RL, Auto-cannon

Dreadnought w/RL, Auto-cannon

With the changes I have 35pts left. Should i just add more scouts? or RL from the scouts and add another Termie? And can you give Telion a homer? If not should i keep the regular one so the scouts can have a homer for the termies to gate to?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Autocannons and auto-backs? I thought he had assault cannons on those razorbacks of his? Wouldn't that make them assault-backs?:biggrin:

·
Registered
297 Posts
The codex says that when a unit gates that it uses the Deep Strike rules. So I assume that the unit would scatter. So i might squeeze in homers for them. But thanks everyone for the help.
Units, such as Land Speeders, can be using the DS rules without being able to benefit from homers. That's what scout bike locator beacons are for. I don't know about Gate though; do homers work for Gate? Is Gate TPing?

What I mean is that a unit might not qualify for homers even if it does use the DS rules. It needs to be teleporting. Gate might be teleporting (I don't have the Codex with me).

Your list looks good. I may clone it :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts