Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, this is a the list that a lot of you helped me refine for a tourney that's in 2 wks and i just played it. I barely won an annihilation game. My termies and dreads did absolutely nothing even close to there points worth.

Librarian in Termie armor w/SS w/Avenger and Null

10 man Tactical w/PW, combi-flamer, Melta, RL, and Razorback w/las-plas and extra armor

10 man Tactical w/PW, combi-flamer, Melta, RL, and Razorback w/las-plas and extra armor

6 Termies with TH/SH

7 Sniper Scouts w/Telion, cloaks, RL

Thunderfire Cannon

Pred w/Auto turret, LC spnsons

Dreadnought w/RL, Auto-cannon

Dreadnought w/RL, Auto-cannon

So i was thinking of modifying it to be like this and wanted to know what you think.

Librarian w/Avenger and Null

Thunderfire Cannon

And I would still have 165pts left over for something. All opinions are welcomed.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Telion has always earned his points back so i really don't want to give him up. And a lot of people at my club play with those retarded Eldar rangers with their damn 2++, and the thunderfire negates that easily.And good point about the EA on the razorbacks. So with taking them off I have 210pts. what should i get?

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok this is the final list. What do people think?

10 man Tactical w/PW, combi-flamer, Melta, RL, and Razorback w/las-plas

5 man Tactical w/PF, combi-flamer, and Razorback w/las-plas

Thunderfire Cannon

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thunderfire took out 3 sniper scouts and 2 marines. But it also drew quite a lot of firepower from other troops as well as allowing me to fortify a ruin to have a 3++ cover save for most units and 2++ for my scouts. So it def earns its points.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help. But I try not to get my squads into combat but it happens cause I ussually set 1-2 squads in midfield to hold objectives. But should I drop the squads down to 5 to save points? And I don't have any speeders so I cant have them in my list. And help you can give is appreciated.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ok, how does this list sound? Does it weaken my troops to much though? And I lose three scoring units though and make my remaining troops only 5 man strong for annihilation but i gain three dreads. And what powers should I give my Librarian?

Librarian

5 man Tactical w/PW and Razorback w/las-plas

7 Sniper Scouts w/Telion, cloaks, ML

Thunderfire Cannon

Rifleman Dreadnought

Rifleman Dreadnought

Rifleman Dreadnought

I still have 33pts left over.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok, ive test played it twice yesterday.

The first game i tabled my opponent. Thunderfire got more than its points and decimated 10 marines and 10 scouts. Dreads did ok, lost 2 on first round but the third rocked. Snipers did good. Pinned a Vangaurd squad with libby!! :laugh:

The second game was much closer but i won in the end. My opponent had a land raider full of TT/SH termies. Eventually got the landraider after 3 rounds of shooting it with my Preds. Razorbacks did awesome!! Scouts did good, and dreads worked fine.

Thank you everyone for your help.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
OK, just thought that I would let all of you that helped know hoe the list did. I took third overall. The scouts underperformed, so im ganna drop them for some speeders. Also the PW on the tacs didnt pay for themselves so they will come off to help with speeders. Otherwise the list did awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.