Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find I can never put out enough dakka with my space marines. I can always bring enough lascannons/MLs/MM whatever to pop tanks but I cant deal with killing a moderate amount of guys. Also, Killing terminators is a b*tch.

Captain, Bike, artificer armor, hellfire rounds, power sword, melta bombs 180
5 bikers, 2 plasma guns 170
4 bikers, 2 plasma guns, 1 MM atk bike 195
Tactical, ML, meltagun, combi-flamer, rhino 220
Rifleman 125
Rifleman 125
Dakka pred 85
Dakka pred 85
Squad of 2 MM/HF land speeders 100
Typhoon ML speeder 90
Stormtalon with TML 155

Normally I'd bring the adl for anti-fliers, but I find that when I do that I sit WAAY to many guys behind them, and i'm then using 220 points to fire off a ML, so I decided against it this time. Here I'm just trying to drown my opponent in dice rolls. Thoughts?
-Arcticor

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Captain, Bike, artificer armor, hellfire rounds, power sword, melta bombs 180
Personally I don't think the artificer armour is all that necessary, maybe consider swapping it for a second power weapon (axe) and drop the meltabombs.

Same goes for the hellfire rounds, but they are inexpensive enough that keeping them is little issue.

5 bikers, 2 plasma guns 170
Not to bad, maybe consider augmenting them with a heavy bolter attack bike.

4 bikers, 2 plasma guns, 1 MM atk bike 195
One of your two bike squads is going to be the squad of choice for the captain, so I'd suggest arming that squad with meltaguns and possibly a power weapon on the sergeant so the captain isn't doing all the heavy lifting.

Good choices, however consider multi-melta's so you can keep everyone together and bring more bodies to bear on the enemy. Again, a power weapon wouldn't be a terrible idea, especially considering how close you need to be for something like the combi-flamer, you put your squads at risk of being charged.

Rifleman 125
Rifleman 125
Good choices here

Dakka pred 85
Dakka pred 85
I've never really been a fan of dakka preds. For a few more points, the auto/las predator lets you go after both infantry and armour, albeit not as well as their more dedicated variants but the flexibility has always been worth it to me. Maybe go one dakka and one auto/las.

Squad of 2 MM/HF land speeders 100
Good choices, though if you swap out a dakka for an auto/las then I'd suggest dropping these guys for the points.

Typhoon ML speeder 90
Honestly I don't see much need for this guy, and if you go through with the above then upgrade this guy into a second stormtalon. You can't go to wrong with a pair of flyers at this point level.

Stormtalon with TML 155
I'd recommend the skyhammer missiles for this one, not quite as strong as the krak missile but with more shots it has the chance to do more damage. If your aim here is dedicated anti air, then go for the twin linked lascannon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts