Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following list is what I'm thinking of taking to an upcoming singles tourney @ my FLGS next month. C&C very much welcomed and appreciated

Eldrad

x6 pathfinders
x3 jetbikes
x6 avengers
x6 avengers

x5 wraithguard w. warlock & conceal
x5 dragons w. wave serpent

x2 hornets

x2 nightspinners
full d-cannon battery w. warlock & conceal

1749pts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'm no eldar expert but any means so I could be off the mark here, you seem to have anti tank covered with the Dragons but what about anti-horde/anti heavy infantry? Have you got flyers covered?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no eldar expert but any means so I could be off the mark here, you seem to have anti tank covered with the Dragons but what about anti-horde/anti heavy infantry? Have you got flyers covered?
The nightspinners and d-cannons will cover the hordes/heavy infantry as they'll be pumpingout 2 s6 large blasts and 3 poison 2+ AP 2 small blasts per turn.

Flyers are a bit more tricky as eldar dont really have any anti-aircraft capabilities without either looking to allies or imperial armour units at the moment.

I could take my void dragon phoenix but there's 2 issues with that. Firstly it's very expensive points wise and takes a heavy slot. Secondly, it's geared more towards ground attacks rather than dogfighting.

Another option is to take a firestorm AA tank but again, that's another heavy slot.

There's always the quad gun option too but I think I'm going to try and ignore the flyers for as long as possible and concentrate on the ground units as without them, my oppositioncan't feasibly win the game

·
Registered
129 Posts
Flyer warfare capability and long-range, heavy hitting firepower (range 36+, str 8+, ap 3 or better weapons, like bright lances and emls) is sorely missing from your list, unless the hornets have either capabilities (I don't see hornets listed in my eldar codex). Your troop choices, except for the jetbikes, lack mobility to go forth and claim scattered objectives. The real heavy threat posed by your fire-dragon-embarked wave serpents will be heavily targeted early on. Your wraithguard lack a wave serpent. Overall you will likely be out-maneuvered and out-gunned in most blind tournaments. Do you have other eldar models, like fire prisms, vypers, and war walkers? How about taking a bastion with AA guns? Oh, and just what is a hornet?

·
Registered
375 Posts
a Hornet is a Imperial Armory unit - they are wicket. Basically a cross between a warwalker, horner, and Wave Serpent.

A 11 11 10, BS3, take 2 guns and any vehicle upgrade. Not open-topped, don't transport, take 1-3 like Vypers.

They can get any heavy gun INCLUDING Pulse Lasers, which makes them 125 points glass cannons with 4 S8 AP2 48" shots. Expensive, but ultra nasty.

I agree with Rob, your going to get out-gunned. Please tell us what the tanks have, gun-wise.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now, I thing that Eldar been more obsolet. I'm player of Eldar but now, need a renovation. The last month I played more with Eldar and now...is very difficult.

The army list is good but I get you an advice, I would change one nightmare for one falcon or prisma. You need more penetration armor.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on the list. Wraithguard have been dropped, along with the pathfinders. In their place, I'm thinking of allying some guard.

Likely to be M.o_O, vets in a vendetta and a hydra

That then covers anti-air duties, plus adds another template to the arsenal

The serpents are basic loadout, the hornets are armed with shurcannons and eml's

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't split your hornets firepower up. It's pointless - just give them 1 target. Giving them 2 different types of guns only makes them half-ass at killing infantry AND armor. lol

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Eldrad - Good

x6 pathfinders I would keep them for holding an objective
x3 jetbikes
x6 avengers These guys are going to do nothing for you. Without wheels they are not going to score obj and lack any firepower. I recommend a guardian squad with weapon platform to give you range and help screen you D-cannons
x6 avengers

x5 wraithguard w. warlock & conceal Avoided by the enemy, need transportation
x5 dragons w. wave serpent Overkill on AT
x2 hornets

x2 nightspinners
full d-cannon battery w. warlock & conceal

1749pts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts