Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so a friend of mine is coming around this weekend and would like to get some gaming in. I'm looking to oblige him of this, with a variety of lists at my disposal depending on the point total he wants to go for. The weekend doesn't give much time, but it is a rather last minute thing and I'd like any advice or tips that can be offered.

I am aware of what army he will be bringing, but wish to go for all comer lists so I will not be revealing that information. I will say that he does not possess any fliers, which is a good thing as you'll notice below:

HQ: 130

Autarch
Jetbike, fusion gun, mandiblasters, power weapon

Troops: 606

Guardian jetbike squadron
6x Bikes
2x Shuriken cannon, warlock, singing spear, embolden

6x Bikes

4x Bikes
Shuriken cannon

4x Bikes
Shuriken cannon

Fast Attack: 544

Shining spears
5x Spears, exarch, star lance, skilled rider

Shining spears

Vyper squadron
2x Vypers
2x [2x Shuriken cannon]

Heavy Support: 365

Fire prism
Holofields

Fire prism
Holofields

Falcon
Holofields, scatter laser

Total: 1745/1750

C&C greatly appreciated, and not entirely digging the falcon, and was considering dropping it and the vypers for a small jetseer council. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
447 Posts
New codex out sat bud if you didn't know (how could you not). As for your list it looks alright. Couple litte things you could change to make it more competitive. 3 man jet bikes not 4, Farseer instead of autarch. Take 5 dire avengers to go in the falcon put misle launcher on it and also maybe the Farseer goes In to. 3 not two vipers and take scatter lasers if you have the points. Fire prisms are good but I like to take fire dragons in wave serpents.

Hope this help

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Right, so a friend of mine is coming around this weekend and would like to get some gaming in. I'm looking to oblige him of this, with a variety of lists at my disposal depending on the point total he wants to go for. The weekend doesn't give much time, but it is a rather last minute thing and I'd like any advice or tips that can be offered.

I am aware of what army he will be bringing, but wish to go for all comer lists so I will not be revealing that information. I will say that he does not possess any fliers, which is a good thing as you'll notice below:

HQ: 130

Autarch
Jetbike, fusion gun, mandiblasters, power weapon
A laser Lance will do more damage in you can get a rear/side charge away. Having a Jetbike makes this entirely possible.

6x Bikes

6x Bikes

4x Bikes
Shuriken cannon

4x Bikes
Shuriken cannon

Solid core.

Fast Attack: 544

Shining spears

Shining spears

Vyper squadron
2x Vypers
2x [2x Shuriken cannon]
Drop the Vypers.

Heavy Support: 365

Fire prism
Holofields

Fire prism
Holofields
Both the Prisms could do with Chin-cannons as a fail-safe.

Falcon
Holofields, scatter laser
Give it an EML

C&C greatly appreciated, and not entirely digging the falcon, and was considering dropping it and the vypers for a small jetseer council. Any thoughts on that?
Using the points saved from the Vypers, get a Farseer with 'Guide' and keep him in the Falcon. Keep the Falcon itself 'Guided'. This will give you 3 str8 shots to deal with MCs/tanks.
This will aid the list as you're lacking (although, other than 2 Autarchs with Fusion guns/Laser Lances, this isn't exactly the best list to fit anti-tank.. and I realise Dragons aren't fluffy)) any truly dedicated Anti-Tank. At the very least, 3 str8 shots will give your opponent second thoughts about what he does with his tanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
New codex out sat bud if you didn't know (how could you not).
First, I thought it wasn't being released 'till the middle of June or next week the earliest. Second, unfortunately I will not be able to pick it up by the time he's coming to game; plus I would have even less time to learn the new stuff and rebuild the list as points for things change.

3 man jet bikes not 4,
Alright so I now have access to 49 points.

Farseer instead of autarch.
If I do this then I become almost completely reliant on the spears and falcon for anti armour; though guide or something would be rather nice.

Take 5 dire avengers to go in the falcon put misle launcher on it and also maybe the Farseer goes In to.
Are we talking five stock dire avengers? Kitted out a bit? Even by dumping the more Saim Hann choice of jetbike aurtarch I only have so many points I can work with, something a stock dire avenger squad strips quite a bit from.

3 not two vipers and take scatter lasers if you have the points. Fire prisms are good but I like to take fire dragons in wave serpents.
After taking the scatter lasers I would be out of points, how would I get the third vyper in? And are we talking dump the two prisms to get one squad of serpeant mounted fire dragons?

Using the points saved from the Vypers, get a Farseer with 'Guide' and keep him in the Falcon. Keep the Falcon itself 'Guided'. This will give you 3 str8 shots to deal with MCs/tanks.
This will aid the list as you're lacking (although, other than 2 Autarchs with Fusion guns/Laser Lances, this isn't exactly the best list to fit anti-tank.. and I realise Dragons aren't fluffy)) any truly dedicated Anti-Tank. At the very least, 3 str8 shots will give your opponent second thoughts about what he does with his tanks.
True, rather liking those changes, heres the new list:

HQ: 225
Autarch
Jetbike, fusion gun, mandiblasters, laser lance

Farseer
Runes of witnessing, guide

6x Bikes

6x Bikes

4x Bikes
Shuriken cannon

4x Bikes
Shuriken cannon

Fast Attack: 424
Shining spears

Shining spears

Heavy Support: 490
Fire prism
Holofields, shuriken cannon

Fire prism
Holofields, shuriken cannon

Falcon
Holofields, eldar missile launcher

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
What do you think of Imperial Armor/Forgeworld?

Hornets are incredibly fluffy for Saim Hain and pack amazing firepower.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you think of Imperial Armor/Forgeworld?

Hornets are incredibly fluffy for Saim Hain and pack amazing firepower.
They would be, just need to see if I have the book with their rules in it though (and if its Fall of Myrmidea than I don't and do not have enough time to get it.)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'm fairly sure they're in Apocalypse SE. basically everything that the Vyper can do, the Hornet did better. New Vypers may be better, I haven't seen the new dex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts