Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! this list is mostly for fun but I think it might be effective as well. the tactica is based on quick attack with lots of different targets, at the same time as a small horde of boys is running towards you. it's something I've never tried before and as such I'm thinking of whether it's worth trying out, and ofc it's the economical issue. but if you guys think it could do alright it might just be worth it. so 'ere we go!

HQ: 180 p

Wazdakka Gutsmek
180 p

Elites: 225 p

14 Kommandos with 2 burnas.
And Boss Snikrot.
255 p

Troops: 720 p

22 Slugga Boyz. And a Nob with Power klaw, Bosspole.
178 p

20 Shoota Boyz with 2 Big shootas. And a Nob with Power klaw, Bosspole.
176 p

176 p

6 Warbikers.
150 p

10 Gretchin and a Runt Herd.
40 p

Fast Attack: 595 p

15 Stormboyz.
And Boss Zagstruk.
265 p

3 Deff Koptas with Twin-linked Rikkit lauchas and 2 Bigbomms.
165 p

165 p

Total:1720 pioints

As you ca see I've got 30 points left and I'm wondering if you have got a better idea on how to spend it then on boys, gretchins, stormboys or a warbike.. either way, what do you think I should go for?

So the plan is simply to strike from all possible directions. snikrot comming on from behind, Zagstruk deepstriking somewhere and assaulting closest tank or infantry squad, while the Koptas and Wazdakka + Bikes turbo into battle. For me the Bigbomms have been very usefull against hordes and actually managed to kill some meq as well. as one marine dead per blast makes up the points (two marines/three blast if precise) they have proven themselves to me. ofc I would consider dropping them for something if you think I should..

Well there you have it. any C&C are appreciated

·
4,491 Posts
Hi guys! this list is mostly for fun but I think it might be effective as well. the tactica is based on quick attack with lots of different targets, at the same time as a small horde of boys is running towards you. it's something I've never tried before and as such I'm thinking of whether it's worth trying out, and ofc it's the economical issue. but if you guys think it could do alright it might just be worth it. so 'ere we go!

HQ: 180 p

Wazdakka Gutsmek
180 p
With only 1 unit of Bikes, i think he is an expensive addition to the army. A Warboss can do a better job.
I believe he is only worth taking if you are going to run at least 2+ units of bikers.

Elites: 225 p

14 Kommandos with 2 burnas.
And Boss Snikrot.
255 p
Never really been a fan of Kommandos. I love the idea behind them, and they are a lot of fun in casual gaming, but they just dont have a place in the competitive metagame.
I guess it just depends on if you are using the list for casual or tournament gaming.

Troops: 720 p

22 Slugga Boyz. And a Nob with Power klaw, Bosspole.
178 p
I would either make this unit 30, or else drop it down to 20 and give them a Battlewagon.

176 p
As above.

176 p
As above.

6 Warbikers.
150 p
Really needs a Nob with a PK and BP in the unit. If it was me, i would be buying a box of Nobz and converting them into Nob Bikers, then run your biker HQ as a Warboss to make them scoring.

10 Gretchin and a Runt Herd.
40 p
Looks like a good objective holder. Id consider making them 19 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd to give them a bit more staying power.

Fast Attack: 595 p

15 Stormboyz.
And Boss Zagstruk.
265 p
Just like Kommandos, i love the fluff behind them and they are a lot of fun in casual games, but i would leave them out for tournaments.

165 p
Personally i believe that Deff Koptas are best with TL-Rokkits and no other upgrades, and always fielded in groups of 1. It is always a dissapointment to see 1 die, and the rest of them running off the board after failing a leadership test.

165 p
As above.

Total:1720 pioints

As you ca see I've got 30 points left and I'm wondering if you have got a better idea on how to spend it then on boys, gretchins, stormboys or a warbike.. either way, what do you think I should go for?

So the plan is simply to strike from all possible directions. snikrot comming on from behind, Zagstruk deepstriking somewhere and assaulting closest tank or infantry squad, while the Koptas and Wazdakka + Bikes turbo into battle. For me the Bigbomms have been very usefull against hordes and actually managed to kill some meq as well. as one marine dead per blast makes up the points (two marines/three blast if precise) they have proven themselves to me. ofc I would consider dropping them for something if you think I should..

Well there you have it. any C&C are appreciated
A very mixed army. Bits and pieces of everything.
Its very fun in casual games, but will struggle in the competitive metagame.

If you want to make it more competitive, i would follow some of the suggestions i have given above.
However, if its a purely fun list, then i would leave it as is. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
What's the point in taking a expensive HQ (Wazdakka) and not taking Bikers as troops besides one small unit? You should ditch all those Boyz and get Bikers.

Kommandos are naff. They outflank and do exactly what?

You don't need big shootas in Boyz mobs.

Stormboyz aren't that cool either.

Deffkopters should be in single units and have buzzsaws.

You'd be best ditching Wazdakka and the Bikers and getting a Big Mek with KFF giving them all 5+ cover save. Then get more Grots and use them as a 4+ cover save for the Boyz, failing that get Killa Kanz and then everything gets 4+ cover.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well the entire think about this list is to let the opponent deal with a lot of threats, all different.
wazdakka is simply there since I love that turbo boost and fire all guns (!), and also I can't have too many troops.

Did any on you read the idea with this list? to have a small horde marching and at the same time deepstriking and outflanking even more boys. as for battlewagons, I'd love to have some, but think of this list as a green tide type of army, just that all boyz comes on from the different directions. plus wazdakka, his bikers and koptas turbo boosting forward..

·
4,491 Posts
Did any on you read the idea with this list? to have a small horde marching and at the same time deepstriking and outflanking even more boys.
Yes, i read it, hence the reason i quoted it.

If you want to leave your list as it is, then thats fine by me. Orks are all about playing a theme that you enjoy. :biggrin:

You will struggle in a tournament, but in friendly games your list will be a lot of fun! :so_happy:

If i could emphasize any of my advise, it would be to upgrade one of the bikes to a Nob with a PK and BP, and to consider dropping the Deffkoptas down to 2 units of 1 model each with TL-R's.
Remaining points can be spent on more Boyz.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! As I said, any C&C would be appreciated and the "did you read" part was just the battlewagon thing. I think I will post a remake soon..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well the entire think about this list is to let the opponent deal with a lot of threats, all different.
wazdakka is simply there since I love that turbo boost and fire all guns (!), and also I can't have too many troops.

Did any on you read the idea with this list? to have a small horde marching and at the same time deepstriking and outflanking even more boys. as for battlewagons, I'd love to have some, but think of this list as a green tide type of army, just that all boyz comes on from the different directions. plus wazdakka, his bikers and koptas turbo boosting forward..
That's the thing there isn't a lot of threats. It's just a little bit of everything but don't really pose a threat.

Yes I read what you put. The Boyz numbers is ok, just what I mentioned needs sorting.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Battlewagons are probably a good idea, either that or take 30 boyz to a mob. Drop one of the Shoota units, add in some more sluggas, more attacks in combat.

Drop Wazdakka and the bikes, add in a Warboss with klaw and some nobs, drop the stormboyz as well.

Personally I'd scrap the Deffkoptas and add in Lootas, but that's personal choice.

One thing to remember is that with Orks the sooner you get into combat the better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts