Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, with the new codex out i am trying out this list, please need comments:

HQ:
Spiritseer

Troop:
Guardian Defender x 10
Scatter Lasser
Wave Serpert
Holofield
Bright Lance

Troop:
Guardian Defender x 10
Scatter Lasser
Wave Serpert
Holofield
Bright Lance

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord
Bright lance x 2

Heavy Support:
War Walker x 3
Scatter Lasser / Scatter Lasser

Heavy Support:
Dark Reapers x 5
Missile Amunition

Agis Defense Line
Quad Gun

HQ:
Archon
Husk Blade
Soul Trap
Shadow Field

Troop:
Kabalite Warrior x 5
Blaster x 1
Venom
Splinter Cannon x 2

Troop:
Wyches x 8
Raider
Dark Lance
Night Shield

Heave Support:
Ravager
Dark Lance x 3
Night Shield

total of 1745 point.

The Spirit seer goes with the Dark Reapers within the agis defense line, most problably gonna use guide on the WW or Reapers. The wraithlord will be close to support this place. Got 4 troops witch is not bad. The archon goes with the wyches and they will be the hammer and will take care of the enemy HQ. With all the Lances will have no problem poping out all enemy vehicles and you can add the masive S6 shot to clean.The quad gun for anti flyers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like, are the guardin defender the way to go now? to replace the DA?

Dark reapers with the new change, are they worth now?

stuff like that. Combat experience would be nice as well.

thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sad to see you're getting ignored buddy, although I've not had much chance to play the new eldar codex, I played their old 'dex extensively, and have reasonable playing experience, so will try and help you as much as I can

HQ:
Spiritseer
A solid choice. On paper at least, I prefer the look of runes of battle over fate/divination

Troop:
Guardian Defender x 10
Scatter Lasser
Wave Serpert
Holofield
Bright Lance
Nice, although I'm not the biggest fan of Scatter Lasers on Guardian squads anymore; preferring bright lances as even with battle focus I'm unconvinced guardians often be in a vehicle's side-ark. If you want duality, 10pts on a missile launcher is also probably worth it.

Troop:
Guardian Defender x 10
Scatter Lasser
Wave Serpert
Holofield
Bright Lance
see above

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord
Bright lance x 2
Nice. Give him double flamers too. Much better than catapults

Heavy Support:
War Walker x 3
Excellent

Heavy Support:
Dark Reapers x 5
Missile Amunition
Assuming you mean starshot missiles, I like this for duality, but be aware how expensive this makes the unit. Not enough experience with this to say more

Agis Defense Line
Quad Gun
NIce

HQ:
Archon
Husk Blade
Soul Trap
Shadow Field
Not bad

Troop:
Kabalite Warrior x 5
Blaster x 1
Venom
Splinter Cannon x 2
I've always found venoms to be a bit crap, but I'm aware they work for some people. A 10man in a raider would be vastly preferable, warriors aren't very solid

Troop:
Wyches x 8
Raider
Dark Lance
Night Shield
Nice

Heave Support:
Ravager
Dark Lance x 3
Night Shield
Ravagers are good, but I've always found suffer from "eggs in basket"

total of 1745 point.

The Spirit seer goes with the Dark Reapers within the agis defense line, most problably gonna use guide on the WW or Reapers. The wraithlord will be close to support this place. Got 4 troops witch is not bad. The archon goes with the wyches and they will be the hammer and will take care of the enemy HQ. With all the Lances will have no problem poping out all enemy vehicles and you can add the masive S6 shot to clean.The quad gun for anti flyers.
I'd prefer to see a more active and combative spiritseer. His greatest strength is his duality, so you're gunna want to be within 18" of the enemy. Guardians with a warlock + brightlance make the best aegis sitters....dark reaper weapons already cost too much to then have them remain unused, plus the warlock means any 6s become precision shots.

4 troops is good, although be wary of using wyches as a hammer, they're more an anvil unit than a hammer unit.

Remember that S6 is good against transports, but you're severely lacking if anyone comes at you with Av14, or sits 3 Leman russ at the back board

(sorry brief, in a rush, all the best and hope this helped!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank for the info.

About an AV14 army, i got 8 lances so i dont think AV14 will be an issue.

I would like to know if the Dark Reapers are the worthy now, since 38 points per each is a lot, but in the other hand i try to give the oponned another think to worry about so he doesnt focus on the Warwalkers.

The archon + wyches will be the unit that will counter their HQ or anything getting to close to the main formation.

I love venoms... lot of shots and so damn cheap..

cya

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After testing, made some changes:

HQ:
Farseer
Jetbike
singing spear
Maltle
Spirit Stone of Anath'lan

Troop:
Dire Avengers x 5
Wave Serpert
Holofield
Bright Lance
Shuriken Cannon

Troop:
Dire Avengers x 5
Wave Serpert
Holofield
Bright Lance
Shuriken Cannon

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord
Bright lance x 2
Flamer x 2

Heavy Support:
War Walker x 3

Fast attack:
Vyper x 3
Scatter Lasser
Shuriken Cannon

HQ:
Archon
Husk Blade
Soul Trap
Shadow Field
Drugs

Troop:
Kabalite Warrior x 5
Blaster x 1
Venom
Splinter Cannon x 2

Troop:
Wyches x 8
Raider
Dark Lance
Night Shield

Heave Support:
Ravager
Dark Lance x 3
Night Shield

Basically changed the Dark Reapers for 3 Vypers, more mobility and a good rate of fire, from 10 shots (dark reapers) to 21 shots (vypers). The farseer on a jetbike with the mantle and geting 2 guide powers plus something else it helps a lot on the first and second turn to secure the kill and ppl tend to ignore him (the stone is there to help if the 3er power is something like fortune).

Going to see if i can reduce the venom unit and with some points get another Heavy support, most probable a Fire Prism.

coments are welcome.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would suggest not using the Vipers. I don't know their points exactly, but they're not very good; they're excessively fragile for what they offer. I would rather spend the same points (guestimating, the points should be damn close) for a Crimson Hunter, which gives you some nice anti-armor AND anti-air in one convenient package.

I'd also switch out some of the War Walker weapons; I'd suggest Scatter/Starcannon on each instead of Scatter/Scatter, since Laster Lock doesn't help more Scatters.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From my point of view, the Vypers and the Warwalker have same Armor, penalty and so. The only diference is vypers have more movility and jink save vs the powe field of the WW.

About swaping the vypers for a crimsom hunter, sadly i am not a fan of crafts plusis so damn weak that if the enemy craft enter the game after mine it is gg. I dont know... may try tho. thank for the advice.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
An Autarch would allow you better control over how the Crimson Hunter handles. Choose to go second and your tanks have one full turn to take out their anti-air... but YOU have no anti air, which means that you're at the mercy of whatever an enmy has. The Hunter has some beautiful anti-tank weaponry, and if you have enough points for the Exarch upgrades, that's BS5 with two seperate lances... that's alot of accurate hurt to throw at something.

As for the difference between War Walkers and Vypers: Vypers are Fast Skimmers, while War Walkers are Fleet Scouts, so while they move similiar, the Walker can handle difficult terrain better, and their 5+ Invul can't be countered by Ignore Cover or something like a Reaper Rangefinder. Similiarly, they get two heavy weapons of your choice, allowing, as I suggesed, Scatter/Starcannon or even Scatter/EML... the Vyper can run the Scatter but the Shuriken Cannon is the only option to twin link, and you already have ALOT of bladestorm firepower.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, playing with the crimsom hunter mean to use the Autach as HQ. That would change my farseer and would lose my guides.

I alway try to go first on every match, since shooting is my strenght, playing without an Autarch will make my plane be targeted by the enemy flyer first.

Also, you never have "enough" str 6 shots ^^ they really does the job well.

thank for the advice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After some testing, came to the conclusion of this list:

Farseer
Jetbike
Singing Spear
MotlG
Spirit Stone

DA x 5
Wave Serpent
Scatter Laser
Shuri Cannon
Holo field

DA x 5
Wave Serpent
Scatter Laser
Shuri Cannon
Holo field

Crimsom Hunter
Exarch

Vyper
Scatter Laser
Shuri Cannon

WraithLord
Bright Lance x 2
Flamer x 2

WarWalker x 3
Scatter Laser / Starcannon x 3

Archon
sould Trap
Shadow Field
husk blade
drugs

Kabalite Warrior x 5
blaster
Venom
Spliter Cannon

Wyches x 8
Raider
Dark Lance
night Shield

Ravager
Dark Lance x 3
night Shield

Total: 1750 pts.

I believe this is a solid solid that can come up vs all kind of list. Lots of shots vs horde armies (39 shot str6; 12 shot 4+ and 2d6+2 str7), anti tank shots (9 str8 lance and 2 str 8), a good close combat unit to focus on enemy HQ (Archon), good movility overall, lot of vehicles (10 vehicles), support (Farseer), and a balanced team (4 troops, 3 heavy support, 2 fast attack) for all kind of objetive control.

I would like to thank you all for helping me to build this list after the new codex.

cya

·
Registered
184 Posts
Glad you dumped the Reapers, dudes are very costly and become a big old target. I would turn the Kabs into true born with 2 more splinter cannons, its pure evil. It would also add to the weight of your dice. Too bad you can get that lord upgraded to a knight. I know alot of people talk smack about them (knights) but mine ends up a massive champ. He easily doubles his points and wins games.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Swaping the Kabala for trueborn with 2 more splintter cannons is an awesom idea and evil ^^, so that venom unit should fire 12 + 8 shot per turn.. amazing.

cya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts