Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, this is a general army with no specific focuses; they're for shooting, assaulting and crushing any foe that opposes them. So, without any further ado, let's get started.

HQs:
Daemon Prince w/ Wings, MoN, Warptime - 175pts

Terminator Lord w/ Bike, MoN, Daemon Weapon (Plaguebringer), Twin-Linked Bolter - 185pts

HQ Total - 360pts

Elites:
5 Terminators w/ 5 Champions, MoK, Dedicated Land Raider, 5 Pairs of Lightning Claws - 280pts

Dreadnought w/ Extra Armour, Close Combat Arm, Twin-Linked Bolter upgraded to Heavy Flamer - 120pts

Elites Total - 320pts

Troops:
8 Khorne Berserkers w/ Skull Champion (w/ Power Fist), Dedicated Chaos Rhino - 208pts

8 Thousand Sons + 1 Asp. Sorcerer w/ Bolt of Change - 269pts

Chaos Rhino w/ Extra Armour, Daemonic Possession, Combi-Plasma Gun - 60pts

Troops Total - 767pts

Heavy Support:
Vindicator w/ Havoc Launcher - 140pts

Land Raider w/ Daemonic Possession, Extra Armour, Combi-Flamer - 255pts

Heavy Support Total - 395pts

Army Point Total - 1723 Points

The general idea is; Thousand Sons stand their ground and give supporting fire for the advancing troops, ready to take part in close combat if necessary. Khorne Berserkers advance toward the enemy in Rhino, followed by DP and Terminator Lord. Land Raider and Dreadnought push up to the side of the table, stealing the fire for my advancing troops, or vice-versa and disembark Terminators when close enough. All the while, the Vindicator causes havoc firing all its weapons at the enemy's most crowded units. If all goes well, the shooting units take down a fair amount of the opponent's army before the advancing troops assault the remaining units and destroy them by sheer numbers.

Any and all criticism is welcome.
Blood for the Blood God!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
looks good but a few suggestions

if u get rid of the dread and and scrap ten points u could get a defiler which is quite superior to a dreadnought as it doesnt go crazy can have 5 attacks and has a super cannon

a deamon prince realy doesnt need the mok he has 4 attacks already and it doesnt realy give him anything absolutely fantastic u could get rid of it and get that defiler or u could drop warptime and get mark of slaanesh and lash of submission and beserkers are useless if they arent ina rhino or lr as most of them will get shot down u should get them a landraider or atleast a rhino i also suggest some oblitz for tank popping

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
The enthusiasm is good but some pointers first, you cant take MofK and warptime, No psychic powers with khorne i'm afraid, secondly you cant give wings to a lord in terminator armour also daemon weapons are two handed weapons so not sure why you have taken the plasma pistol! So the changes I would make is
Daemon Prince, either MofS or MofN and warptime
Terminator lord MofK, either a daemon weapon or a pair of lightning claws

4 terminators MofK armed with pairs of claws too, maybe arm one with a chainfist and a heavy flamer
The dreadie I'd be tempted to arm with 2ccw's or missle launchers in case of crazyness

Troops are ok but drop the lascannon and put in two special weapons and a power fist and prob a rhino
Bezerkers need a rhino at least
Heavy support
land raider for termies def yes
vindie ..... I'd prob bring in some oblits!
Tactics, well I'd keep what you've got so far! Skulls for the skull throne!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
looks good but a few suggestions

if u get rid of the dread and and scrap ten points u could get a defiler which is quite superior to a dreadnought as it doesnt go crazy can have 5 attacks and has a super cannon

a deamon prince realy doesnt need the mok he has 4 attacks already and it doesnt realy give him anything absolutely fantastic u could get rid of it and get that defiler or u could drop warptime and get mark of slaanesh and lash of submission and beserkers are useless if they arent ina rhino or lr as most of them will get shot down u should get them a landraider or atleast a rhino i also suggest some oblitz for tank popping

What you have to say it good, it's relevant and fairly helpful.

But can you; for the Plague of Nurgle, please learn to type nicely >.<
Nothing worse than trying to read endless passages.

Sorry to be a pain, but i just got fucked up by space marines because of Abaddon taking 3 wounds from Daemon Weapon, I'm Pissed off to-the-max.

BUT LEARN GRAMMAR.

<3

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
pus boils weeping sores from your wound the fester pores my favourite nurgle chant

also a tnzeetch chant i made up change is good change is great thoughs who dont are second rate!

also my desk is broken im having to type with the key board on my lap sorry for mistakes

·
Registered
594 Posts
For the Berserkers: Drop the PLas Pistols and get a Powerfist. They're for stabby, not shooty, so the pistols will be mostly wasted. Plasma is good, but on zerkers its not point efficient methinks.

Also, whats with the MoK on the marines? it seems like they will be shooting and being shot at more, so Nurgle or Tzeentch would make more sense for survivability. If those are too expensive i'd say ICoG. Of course if you expect them to be in melee alot the MoK cant hurt.

And where is the Termie Lord going? he cant fit in the LR with the other termies since it's max carry is 5. just curious, i like the way you set him up.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Lol, i completely missed that he had 6 termies... Suggest you drop a termie for a slot to put your lord in..

and with 30 points free... Another 3 Termie Champions [email protected]!? :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
the DP can't have warptime if he has the MoK. which does suck. so give him the mark of nurgle and keep warptime.

·
Registered
542 Posts
secondly you cant give wings to a lord in terminator armour also daemon weapons are two handed weapons so not sure why you have taken the plasma pistol!
You can't have wing on termie armor correct, BUT daemon weapons being 2h doesn't mean you can't have a ranged weapon. GW sells models with daemon weps and pistols. Also, a termie lords can't use a plasma pistol. They can use combi weapons and come equipt with a twin liked bolter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's all been edited. The total points have gone up a little bit but I'll sort that out later. Major things are, MoK on DP, lost a Termi, gave the remaining 4 Lightning Claws, and stuck Berzerkers in a Rhino.

Oh and I can give my Lord wings because he hasn't replaced his wargear with Termi armour, Twin-Linked Bolter and Power Weapon.

Anyway, see what you all think.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Personally, I would go with Mark of Slaanesh on the terminators if they are having lightning claws. Nothing better than rolling up to MEQ's with I5 and just slicing them to pieces before they can strike back.

And if he doesn't have terminator armor, he's not a terminator lord! :p

Also, I would change the missile launcher on the dreadnought to either a multi-melta or a dreadnought close combat arm.

Good luck, and bring Glory to Chaos, brother!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally, I would go with Mark of Slaanesh on the terminators if they are having lightning claws. Nothing better than rolling up to MEQ's with I5 and just slicing them to pieces before they can strike back.

Also, I would change the missile launcher on the dreadnought to either a multi-melta or a dreadnought close combat arm.

I'll have a think about the MoK for the Terminators, it could be quite interesting.

Not sure about the Wing-Terminator Armour thing, I'll look it up. I'll most likely give him a bike or Daemonic Steed in the end.

The dreadnought has a second close combat arm, he just upgraded the Twin-Linkied Bolter on one arm to a missile launcher 'for no additional cost'.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
@ Anfo good call missed the fact he cant have plasma pistol with termie lord but my point was why have the plasma pistol!? You wouldn't get plus 1 attack in combat! anywho its irrelevant pecause he cant have it!
@ scott I think you missed the point, you change a ccw for a missle launcher not just the bolter!
I really would suggest if you're intent on taking a khorne lord be it with daemon weapon or lightning claws he's gotta go with some bodyguard because instant death is noy very amusing!
Slannesh is a good shout on the termies and infact the lord as well!
Only concern with MM on dread is how brave are you! I infact occasionally run a dreadie with said weapon and end up sticking him on the furthest end of the battlefiled and he does bugger all (cowardly but two MM shots on my own troops is most annoying)
Double ccw weapons with heavy flamer is a quality combo, FW do some awesome models!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I think you missed the point, you change a ccw for a missle launcher not just the bolter!
I know, I know, I mistaked the Missile Launcher upgrade for the Heavy Flamer upgrade.

Double ccw weapons with heavy flamer is a quality combo
I was thinking the exact same thing before I read this post.

Okay, I'm gonna completely change my Lord and probably my Terminators too, along with my Dreadnought.

EDIT: Changed the list. Terminator Lord's been renovated along with the Terminators, Dreadnought and Land Raider. I also got rid of the CSMs because they were of no use to me other than bait and I already have 2 troop choices anyway.

·
Registered
941 Posts

I agree, give 'em MoS!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Drop the chaos lord and take Kharn the Betrayer. You seem to be in to khorne anyway and this guy takes skulls like no other. I mean think about it, on the charge he gets 7 strength 6 initiative 6 amour negating attacks hitting on a 2+. Enough said. Stick him in the land raider with some khorne bezerkers, zoom over to almost ANY enemy unit and let rip. I play him a lot and he never fails to kill at least 5 marines on the charge and can take on MCs and vehicles too. I've also seen him trash all range of HQs. Heck he even busted up the Nightbringer once (good rolls:thank_you:).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts