Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the list (not detailed) and how it went......

JuggerLord AoBF
Sorcerer ms3

20 cultists
10 cultists

Predator Autocannon and HB sponsons
2 sets of Havocs with Autocannons

Heldrake
5 spawn Nurgle
3 bikes

Crimson Slaughter sorcerer on a bike
10 cultists

Cypher
Chosen with plasma all round

The plan was to pummel the bikes with bullets. Problem was I am not good at shooting right now and the double jink save of these bikes is just stupid. Granted I am not great tactically but this is not an easy army to win against. He lost more wounds with dangerous terrain tests than my shooting efforts. I did do well in close combat but that didn't last long as I only had The Lord really capable.

The only way to beat these shitty jinking bikes with re rollable this and that must be to allie with something else.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
For future thought: perhaps a Black Mace Nurgle Prince. 2+ cover, fast enough to get into combat, AP2, Fleshbane, and boatloads of attacks. Only real downside is the high points cost for 4 T5 wounds.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
opponent list?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try remember....

Lost of bike squads. About 4 lots of 3 and a larger squad of 5 maybe. They mostly had plasma guns.
2 attack bikes with Multi meltas.
A few landspeeders, maybe 3 and one of those larger landspeeders.

I have discussed this with my mate and he reminded me that he rolled really well. I honestly don't think I killed a bike with a bullet. He saved about 12 or more FNP. When he chose to jink he saved them no problem.

If I was to play against the same list again it would have to be a lot more close combat on my side. The Spawn and JuggerLord wiped out 3 squads of 3 bikes no problem but after that the spawn fell to gunfire and left The Lord alone!

As mentioned in another thread. Mauler/Forgefiends. I love using Abaddon so he would probably get a run out.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
The only issue with Abaddon is--Infantry speed. That's a lot of points that the enemy can blast away at from range until his retinue is dead then those plasma guns finish off. It'll be very very hard for him to get into combat--and if that, then more than one combat. And even harder to make back his points with only a combi-bolster for shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts