Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this list as an eventual goal for a possible daemons army. This would be mainly for giggles but I need to be able to throw down a tough game. In the end I came up with this list.

HQ

Bloodthirster 255
Blessing of the Blood God

Bloodthirster 255
Blessing of the Blood God

Troops

8 Plaguebearers 120

10 Bloodletters 160

10 Bloodletters 160

Elites

3 Fiends 100
Unholy Might

3 Fiends 100
Unholy Might

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince 200
Flight
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Tzeentch

Daemon Prince 200
Flight
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Tzeentch

Daemon Prince 200
Flight
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Tzeentch

The waves are split so that I (hopefully) get all my big 'uns first turn, they go and wreck face, the troops and fiends then go and mop up, claiming objectives as needed.

The DPs are there to pop transports using BoT, using the range to make up for their relative slowness. The all have Flight because, it seems to me at least, that foot slogging DPs are next to useless because they are easy to get away from.

I am concerned that Im a little light in the troops section, should I drop some Fiends to bulk out my Bloodletters?

Are 2 Bloodthirsters usefull? I'm fairly set on having 2 Greater Daemons but perhaps I could have a Keeper of Secrets with Musk instead?

Please C&C, the ony rule I have is that I must have every god represented.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I'm still learning Daemons, whats the thinking behind your advice?

·
Registered
126 Posts
dropping one thirster for fateweaver that way you can re roll all un saved wounds.

dropping to 1 squad of 5 fiends will free up some points. and two defilers with the one dp will help with your at.

make the defilers your first drop. with what you were originally going to run. start popping tanks and dwinddling infantry down.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Marlukthewillbreaker does make some nice points. drop the fiends to a unit of five to get some points. But I would keep the bloodthirsters. Fateweaver is nice but he usually needs to benefit the army not just one or two units. besides two thirsters can wreck a whole lot of havoc. But try to free up some points and give both of them unholy might. being able to instant death when your stuck in combat against most HQs is always nice. Also try dropping the wings on two princes. that's a lot of points to just make two of them fly. you deep strike so you can be in someones face off the bat. with that you can get some more plague bearers to hold down your objectives ( might even just make two squads of 7 to free up points if you need it )

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was thinking and what if you dropped both thirsters and added skarbrand and fateweaver. yea scarbrand helps out the enemy too but if your re rolling all failed to hits you shouldnt recieve that much flak back. and even if you do with fateweaver you are re rolling all failed saves. that with the unit of letters you will be eating faces. but at a cost. high points cost for the two. just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts