Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
That Dragon Serpent has to have a weapon, it isn't legal list without it. Shuricannon is a good option. Also, by my calculations, you're at 1780 points with your list. So 30 points over.

Those 7 Destructors are over the top, I think. 2-4 of them should suffice and give at least one of your 'locks Embolden too. Nothing messes your Seer Council's day like failed Fortune.

With the spared points, give all your Dire Avenger Serpents a Brightlance or EML. That way all your Serpents are equally threatening and your opponent won't know what to choose to shot at. It's a big tactical advantage. This is much more important than those excess Destructors, you have very limited support for your Seer Council and since most things will be trying to kill them, your tanks can go to work unhindered, so they should have means to do so.

I also question the worth of Eldrad in this army...apart from Fortuning 2 Serpents(which means they need to stay close together) he adds very little. Your weapons are all high S, so Doom isn't needed and your tanks all have TL guns, so Guide is wasted. I'm not sure whether double-Fortune and his Divination special rule is worth those 210 points. Especially considering you could get a Fortune seer for 100. But no doubt he's good, so definitely not a mistake to field.

A list with slight variations but only in wargear, everything else the same as the original:

HQ:

Eldrad

Farseer with Runes of Witnessing, Fortune and EJB = 125
+ 7 Warlocks(4 Destructors, 2 Embolden, Enhance, EJB) = 380

Elites:

5 Fire Dragons = 80
+ Wave Serpent with TL shuriken cannon, Spirit stones = 110

Troops:

5 DA = 60
+ Wave Serpent with TL Brightlance, Spirit stones = 145

5 DA = 60

5 DA = 60

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism = 115

Fire Prism = 115

· Registered
32 Posts
Hehe, well, we all love heavy flamers. Except My Dire Avengers in cover...they don't. Like, really don't. :p

But your Seer Council is CC unit first, shooty unit second. Is there anything that could be done with those 2 extra flamers that a round of CC(which you will often miss out on because of wiping out the squad) wouldn't do a lot better? And you're paying for those flamers, while the CC is already in the unit cost. I just think that firstly, you must give your Serpents some manner of AT, preferably BLs because AV 14 will be hard to take on if your Seer Council has some other target to worry about. At least go with Scatterlasers. More shots at a greater range for transport popping. And that means finding the points somewhere. My advice is those Destructors, your mileage may vary.

As for Eldrad, well, it's your call, his Divination ability is invaluable for a mech Eldar list, other than I think he's not worth his points(in your list, that is).

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.