Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What ho fellow geeks!

Ok so my aim as is most of ours, is to make the best list i can to win the most games so i can feel superior to my friends and other gamers.

There are a few stipulations i like to adhere to when i make a list though- Jetbike Farseer and Seer council- i love 'em, they always work for me, i've had a lot of use out of 'em, and i spent a lot of time modding and painting them!

I'd love to put my beautifully modded Wraithlord in too- but it's just not going to happen...

Anyway without further addo...:

Eldrad (rides in Bright Lance WS with Dire Avengers)

Jetseer: Doom, Fortune, RofWit, Spirit Stones

Jetlocks x8: 1x Enhance, 7x Destructor

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Dragons x5
Wave Serpent, TL Shu Can

Dire Avengers x 5
Wave Serpent, Spirit Stones, Twin Linked Bright Lance

Dire Avengers x 5
Wave Serpent, TL Shu Can

Dire Avengers x 5
Wave Serpent, TL Shu Can

This has to be the ultimate Eldar list with what's available right now surely...

Controversial?

Please give vent to your opinions below...

·
Registered
32 Posts
That Dragon Serpent has to have a weapon, it isn't legal list without it. Shuricannon is a good option. Also, by my calculations, you're at 1780 points with your list. So 30 points over.

Those 7 Destructors are over the top, I think. 2-4 of them should suffice and give at least one of your 'locks Embolden too. Nothing messes your Seer Council's day like failed Fortune.

With the spared points, give all your Dire Avenger Serpents a Brightlance or EML. That way all your Serpents are equally threatening and your opponent won't know what to choose to shot at. It's a big tactical advantage. This is much more important than those excess Destructors, you have very limited support for your Seer Council and since most things will be trying to kill them, your tanks can go to work unhindered, so they should have means to do so.

I also question the worth of Eldrad in this army...apart from Fortuning 2 Serpents(which means they need to stay close together) he adds very little. Your weapons are all high S, so Doom isn't needed and your tanks all have TL guns, so Guide is wasted. I'm not sure whether double-Fortune and his Divination special rule is worth those 210 points. Especially considering you could get a Fortune seer for 100. But no doubt he's good, so definitely not a mistake to field.

A list with slight variations but only in wargear, everything else the same as the original:

HQ:

Eldrad

Farseer with Runes of Witnessing, Fortune and EJB = 125
+ 7 Warlocks(4 Destructors, 2 Embolden, Enhance, EJB) = 380

Elites:

5 Fire Dragons = 80
+ Wave Serpent with TL shuriken cannon, Spirit stones = 110

Troops:

5 DA = 60
+ Wave Serpent with TL Brightlance, Spirit stones = 145

5 DA = 60

5 DA = 60

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism = 115

Fire Prism = 115

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for that Araenion, i made a couple of typos- now corrected! Its funny you should say that about Eldrad, because i was thinking the same... i may swap him out for a normal farseer.

I really believe in massed flamer templates, so the thought of ditching some is vexing me... but maybe your right... maybe i could go to 5. lol (like a gypsy at a car boot sale!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hehe, well, we all love heavy flamers. Except My Dire Avengers in cover...they don't. Like, really don't. :p

But your Seer Council is CC unit first, shooty unit second. Is there anything that could be done with those 2 extra flamers that a round of CC(which you will often miss out on because of wiping out the squad) wouldn't do a lot better? And you're paying for those flamers, while the CC is already in the unit cost. I just think that firstly, you must give your Serpents some manner of AT, preferably BLs because AV 14 will be hard to take on if your Seer Council has some other target to worry about. At least go with Scatterlasers. More shots at a greater range for transport popping. And that means finding the points somewhere. My advice is those Destructors, your mileage may vary.

As for Eldrad, well, it's your call, his Divination ability is invaluable for a mech Eldar list, other than I think he's not worth his points(in your list, that is).

·
Registered
333 Posts
While fewer points by using a regular Farseer is certainly welcomed, and possibly needed if you cant find another place to generate points enough for something else that is important, (Though you have most bases seemingly covered. Maybe another BL?) I can never see taking him as a bad move when the points allow. He has so much multi functionality that he always seems to find ways of becomming usefull for me, even when it didnt seem he would be on paper.

Now that being said, I dont really see where you plan on placing him to make full use of him. If you put him with the Dire Avengers, he seems to be working at reduced capacity on a death dealing scale as whatever squad he is with should be a deadly aspect to an army in my opinion. (Dont get me wrong, I love using a Farseer in a support role. But Eldrad is just so well built for killing things that it is the one thing I always try to have him doing at all times)

So the only time I'd say you deffinitely should pull him from the roster is when you dont have a deadly unit to back him up. And five Dire Avengers is not exactly a fearsome brute squad. =) The Fire Dragons however, should you want to keep the troops all in the same numbers, would be a good spot for him I think. When every shot counts, guide is a serious boost for their fusion guns. And they MIGHT survive longer than one turn outside a tank when they have fortune on them. Not to mention the three wounds and impressive invulnerable save on Eldrad himself to soak up some incoming fire. And if something were to assault them, his power weapon might help even the score. So for my money, Those Fire Dragons would be where I park my biggest scariest Farseer. =)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So for my money, Those Fire Dragons would be where I park my biggest scariest Farseer. =)
Agreed, i think this is his new home.

However- i'm thinking of re-writing my list before i paint all those extra wave serpents!- in fact i'm just going to post a fresh list now... different enough to warrant a new thread i feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts