Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

My friend is starting up an Eldar army at 1750 points so I whipped up a quick 1750 list to compare to his. C&C appreciated. (I don't know the points cost of any of his stuff

His list:

HQ

Farseer
Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Doom, Fortune

Farseer
Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Doom, Fortune

3 Warlocks
Destructor

Elites

6 Fire Dragons
Exarch (Tank Hunter), W/ Wave Serpent Transport, TL Eldar Missile Launcher + Spirit Stones (Farseer also hitches a ride in here)

6 Fire Dragons
Exarch (Tank Hunter), W/Wave Serpent Transport with EML + SS

Troops

10 Guardians
Star Cannon

10 Dire Avengers
Exarch (Shimmershield/Power Weapon, Bladestorm + Defend), W/ Wave Serpent, TL Eldar Missile Launcher + Spirit Stones

10 Dire Avengers
Exarch with 2 shuriken catapults, Bladestorm

Heavy Support

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

1 Wraithlord
Eldar Missile Launcher, Wraith Sword, 2 Flamers

----------------------------------------------------------------------

And I respond:

HQ

Company Command Squad
PP, 4x Melta
Chimera, ML HF

Troops

Platoon Command Squad
Al'rahem, 3x Plasma, Medic
Chimera, ML HF

Infantry Squad
Melta, Missile Launcher
Chimera, ML HF

Infantry Squad
Melta, Missile Launcher
Chimera, ML HF

Infantry Squad
Melta, Missile Launcher
Chimera, ML HF

Veterans
3x Melta

Veterans
3x Melta

Fast Attack

Vendetta

Vendetta

Heavy Support

Hydra Squadron
Hydra, HF
Hydra, HF

Ordnance Battery
Medusa, Enclosed, BBSHells, HF
Medusa, Enclosed, BBShells, HF

Comments? Criticisms? Free money? All appreciated :eek:k:

Scathainn :victory:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Looks good! - couple of comments though.

You do have weaponry that will deny his Cover saves , but some Barrage weaponry would be a nice counter to Fortune (= re-rolls), and the Medusa can't switch between its 2 modes...maybe consider a Manticore.

I would make the Medusas seperate slots also.

I'm not a fan of putting Vets with Melta in the Gunships..yes they will likely destroy their target, but the Vendetta will be destroyed if the opponent knows what they're doing.
Still, some find it an acceptable result.

Seen as you must outflank with Al'Rahem I'd definitely find the points to get an Astropath as his abilities really help..will also be of benefit to the Vendettas.

To find the points for the Astropath consider dropping -

- PP from the CCS..doesn't mesh with the Melta
- Medic
- ML's from the Infantry Squads..you have to not move to shoot them which can be problematic as you're outflanking into the heart of the enmy, although they could be useful once you have captured an enemy objective - bit of a toss up that one.

all totally up to you of course:wink:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm trying to make this list based on stuff I have so some things aren't gonna be changeable - I don't own a Manticore for example :biggrin:

I have some options as to changeable things. I have another two units of veterans with 2 flamers and a heavy flamer each - would this be better than the meltavets?

With regards to the PPs that is easily remedied, I can just proxy in some commanders.

As for the missile launchers I was also toying with the idea to give the infantry squads autocannons instead - is this a better plan or should I just scrap the weapons team altogether? And yeah, the Astropath is a definite must.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I field Hydras a lot as well and they're great against Eldar..so AC's (of any kind) would be a good choice, but the ML also has its uses so I wouldn't swap them all out for AC's as you already have a lot of anti-tank, anti-infantry not so much.

Still, up to you..nothing you currently have is a poor choice, although I would try 1 of the Medusas without BB's to see what effect it has on your AI capability..s10 is nice to have.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright then. How would the previously mentioned FlamerVets work out in the Vendettas as opposed to the MeltaVets?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Apart from what I said earlier about using Vendettas as transports, especially in the first few turns, I don't like putting template weaponry on Vets because it doesn't use their
BS4 at all, so you might as well just take standard Infantry..give the PCS 4 Flamers and/or even take SWS with 3 or even thorw in a Demo charge or 2 (depending on points available)...this is what I do and it works well, but they are for late-game objective taking etc, that way the Vendettas can spend the first few turns at max range sniping away at high value targets, not getting in harm's way from the get-go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.