Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1750 list I am planning on running in a week or to for and upcoming tourney. Feedback appreciated. I'm new so be harsh if I am wrong on something you won't hurt my feelings

HQ:
Ghraz
Big Mek - KFF, Burna, Eavy Armor, Cyborg

Elites:
5 x Lootas
5 x Lootas

Troops:
5x MegaNobz
BattleWagon - Rolla, Riggers, RPJ, Ard Case, Armor Plates

11x Slugga Boyz
Nob - PK Eavy Armor, BP
Trukk - RPJ, Riggers

19x Shootas
2x BS
Nob - PK, Eavy Armor, BP

19x Shootas
2x BS
Nob - PK, Eavy Armor, BP

Fast Attack
1x Deffkopter - TL Rokkit

Heavy Support:
BattleWagon - Rolla, Riggers, RPJ, Armor Plates

Thanks in Advance

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
Here is my 1750 list I am planning on running in a week or to for and upcoming tourney. Feedback appreciated. I'm new so be harsh if I am wrong on something you won't hurt my feelings

HQ:
Ghraz
Big Mek - KFF, Burna, Eavy Armor, Cyborg
Ghaz is good. Toss the Eavy Armour.

Elites:
5 x Lootas
5 x Lootas
I say 10-12 Lootas per mob appears to be the optimum number. So 1 mob of 12 would be perfect.

Troops:
5x MegaNobz
BattleWagon - Rolla, Riggers, RPJ, Ard Case, Armor Plates
Give the Meganobz a couple of Combi-Skorchas to soften up targets. Axe the riggers and RPJ for pts. Nix the ard case so you can assault. Add a couple big shootas for weapon destroyed.

11x Slugga Boyz
Nob - PK Eavy Armor, BP
Trukk - RPJ, Riggers
Axe the trukk, and with the pts. you saved, add a wagon plus 8 boyz. Eavy armor won't help. Save 5 pts. there.

19x Shootas
2x BS
Nob - PK, Eavy Armor, BP
Change to Slugga/Choppas for the extra attacks. Toss the Big Shootas and Eavy Armour. You'll be assaulting outta the wagons.

19x Shootas
2x BS
Nob - PK, Eavy Armor, BP
Same as above

Fast Attack
Toss these to make room for the 4th BattleWagon.

Heavy Support:
Add another BW here and change these to the specs as the BW mentioned above.

Should come in around 1750 pts.

Thanks in Advance
4 BW in a 1750 list is competitive and will work with sound tactics.

OBGOG

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice, I do actually have BS's 2 each on the wagons factored in. I just forgot to list it them. Also I have 2 Skorcha's 1 Rokkit and 2 TL shootas on the Meganobz just also for got to list them.

In regards to the changing to sluggas and assaulting out of the wagons. This seems to be a rule I am unclear about and seems to get convoluted depending on who you are talking to. However I was under the impression that you cannot assault out of a BW. Unless you mean move 12 disembark and assault the 6, in which case I don't understand not putting on the upgrade to close the top. Please explain. Thanks for the advice.

In regards to the split Lootas it's for the purpose of split firing..I can try to play with some points to bulk the squads because running is a concern, but if they are shooting at the Lootas they aren't shooting the BW's.

Thoughts?

P.S. This may or may not go in this forum but since it's in regards to the list I figured it would be fine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just plaid in a tournament in Norway with a similar list, ended up 1st place without anyone even close to competing with the score (massacre <3).

What I´d do, is strip the Big Mek to the KFF only, drop down to 4 naked Meganobs, 19 shoota, 19 choppah, 20 boys, all with Nob PK/BP, up the lootas to 12, and 4 bw´s with Deffrollas, Armor Plates, RPJ, Grots, Big shoota, boarding plank.
I also added a Deffkopta with Buzzaw and Rokkits, and it did its job every battle.

What I went was a thoroughly tested list, which fit my playstyle perfectly, and it relies on cover saves being made in round 1, loosing 2 bw´s or more in round 1 is crippling.

Luck is also very relevant :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
In regards to the changing to sluggas and assaulting out of the wagons. This seems to be a rule I am unclear about and seems to get convoluted depending on who you are talking to. However I was under the impression that you cannot assault out of a BW. Unless you mean move 12 disembark and assault the 6, in which case I don't understand not putting on the upgrade to close the top. Please explain. Thanks for the advice.
BW can move 12" at most (crusing speed) unless you have RPJ which still counts as moving 12", if you dont put ard case (which remover Open topped) on the BWs there still open topped which means you can assult out of them (yes 6" assult Boyz though meganobz have to role for it because Slow and purpousful). the BS are just to stop weapon destroyed becoming imobilised or destroyed if already imobilised. But unlike what OrkByTheGraceOfGork said i'd keep the grot riggers to help keep your army fully mobile and get rid the burna on the big mek the points would be better spent on more boyz

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be clear, just because this comes up all the time for me. When we are saying assaulting out of the vehicle. This means that the BW can move 12" then on the assault my boyz can assault right out of it not having to disembark?

The reason I am often told that I cannot do this is because BW is considered a Tank but not an assault vehicle. If this is not the case can someone quote the rules for this because I know I'm going to have to prove this, and I have been looking for this ruling for a while!

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
it says on page 70 of the main rule book under open topped transport vehicles about halfway through that u can assult even if the veichat has moved before (in the turn)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, going to look that up and staple it to my arm once I read it. So I'm sure I can't be talked out of it at the tournie

·
Registered
187 Posts
it doesn't say about any specific speed all you need to be able to do is disembark, then you can assult, so that means you cant go flat out in a trukk and assult out of it as you cant disembark, (page 70 fast transport veicles)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts