Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
you have swathes of anti-infantry, which will be worth exactly zip when you can't kill the transports that infantry is in. Nurgle heralds are possibly the shittiest thing in the codex (it's a tossup with beasts of nurgle) Get a GUO instead. throw him in the face of whatever is claiming your opponent's home objective and ta da!
If you are taking Tzeentch princes it's a crime not to give them bolt. BS 5 bolt is as good as it gets for ranged antitank in daemons, and you need all you can get.

also, fiends. Although I guess you want to make tzeentch/nurgle only, in which case flamers are by far your best bet. but as chumby said if you're running so many you might as well use them as bolt platforms instead of suicide units. However, since you can get a Tooled up Tzerald for slightly less than 3 flamers with bolt I'd get 2 tzeralds in chariots and only one unit of flamers.

something like this:

GUO, Flies

Tzerald, chariot, master, legion, bolt
Tzerald, chariot, master, legion, bolt

5 horrors
bolt

5 horrors
bolt

5 horrors
bolt

6 horrors
bolt
changeling

7 Plaguebearers

7 Plaguebearers

3 Flamers
bolt

3 flamers
bolt

DP, Tzeentch, Bolt, Gaze

DP, Tzeentch, Bolt, Gaze

DP, Tzeentch, Bolt Gaze.

you can see by comparing these 2 lists how much extra fat there was to be cut from the first list. I managed to include a GUO and 2 better heralds, turn 2 not so good princes into 3 great ones, and almost keep the troops and elites the same.

This gives you 4 bolts at BS 4, 4 at BS 3, and 3 at BS 5. don't use the flamers as dive bombers. Keep them at a distance and bolt things then use them to mop up after you demech stuff. You don't have a lot of things that will live in combat so you have to shoot stuff down fast. Horrors won't do much against 3+, but you have 2 gazes at BS 4 and 3 at BS 5. sit PBs at objectives, babysit your troops with the GUO and the princes which can defend them against CC in a pinch. I'd say put your princes, tzeralds and flamers in one wave and GUO + bearers + horrors in the other, so if you get the first one you drop down and demech as much as possible to kill mobility, if you get the second one you try to lock stuff with GUO and bearers until stuff comes down.

hope it helps,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts