Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1750 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster - Blightning

HQ: Herald of Nurgle
-Breath of Chaos
-Joining Plaugebearer Squad

-Breath of Chaos

Originally i had a great unclean one with no upgrades to take up points, but then figured that i could get to heralds for the price of one unclean one, not sure on the upgrades though but i think breath would help thin enemy's before the assault phase.

Troops: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch 6#
-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt
-Changeling

-Bolt

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle 7#
-Icon

-Icon

Elite: Flamers of Tzeentch 4#
-No Upgrades

-No Upgrades

-No Upgrades

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince of Chaos
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Demonic Flight
-Iron Hide
-Unholy Might
-Soul Devourer

-Mark of Tzeentch
-Demonic Flight
-Iron Hide
-Unholy Might
-Soul Devourer

Total Roster Cost: 1743

I wanted to know if you guys thought this was a strong enough list to play in a tourney thats coming soon, please comment, criticism welcome

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
1750 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster - Blightning

-Breath of Chaos

-Breath of Chaos

Originally i had a great unclean one with no upgrades to take up points, but then figured that i could get to heralds for the price of one unclean one, not sure on the upgrades though but i think breath would help thin enemy's before the assault phase.

-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt
-Changeling

-Bolt
I would combine these into two squads. Pink horrors work best in large numbers. I run a squad of 15 at 1850, and they may be BS3, but 45 S4 shots will drop nearly anything. Changeling is always awesome.

-Icon

-Icon
These are great just like this, one in each wave.

-No Upgrades

-No Upgrades

-No Upgrades
Make these 3x each.

-Mark of Tzeentch
-Demonic Flight
-Iron Hide
-Unholy Might
-Soul Devourer

-Mark of Tzeentch
-Demonic Flight
-Iron Hide
-Unholy Might
-Soul Devourer
I think the soul Devourer is un-necessary. Iron Hide also loses is luster when on a tzeentch prince, they already have a 4+ save. Tzeentch princes should have master of sorcery and at least two ranged attacks, like breath of chaos/bolt of tzeentch.

Total Roster Cost: 1743

I wanted to know if you guys thought this was a strong enough list to play in a tourney thats coming soon, please comment, criticism welcome
With the points you save, try to fit in a soul grinder or nurgle prince. I won't comment on the Herald of Nurgles, because I've never used them. Bloodthirster or Herald of Tzeentch on chariots are the only HQ units I ever use. If you want to stick with the Tzeentch/Nurgle theme, I'd recommend using Tzeentch heralds instead of nurgle. As far as taking this to a tournament, I think you'll have some bad matchups against assault/mobile armies. They're going to use any firepower they have to drop your plaguebearers, and then assault your pink horrors. If you're going to take Daemons to a tournament, you can't leave Khorne at home.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nurgle Heralds are trash, GUO is better every time.

Tzeentch Princes don't do combat. They provide cheap BS5 Bolts.

BS3 Bolt isn't very reliable.

Flamers need Bolt just so you can get more there.

You really don't have a lot of mobility or combat units outside of the fragile Flamers and DPs. Going for the bolt spam with 3 Nurgle DPs would be a good call.

·
Registered
324 Posts
you have swathes of anti-infantry, which will be worth exactly zip when you can't kill the transports that infantry is in. Nurgle heralds are possibly the shittiest thing in the codex (it's a tossup with beasts of nurgle) Get a GUO instead. throw him in the face of whatever is claiming your opponent's home objective and ta da!
If you are taking Tzeentch princes it's a crime not to give them bolt. BS 5 bolt is as good as it gets for ranged antitank in daemons, and you need all you can get.

also, fiends. Although I guess you want to make tzeentch/nurgle only, in which case flamers are by far your best bet. but as chumby said if you're running so many you might as well use them as bolt platforms instead of suicide units. However, since you can get a Tooled up Tzerald for slightly less than 3 flamers with bolt I'd get 2 tzeralds in chariots and only one unit of flamers.

something like this:

GUO, Flies

Tzerald, chariot, master, legion, bolt
Tzerald, chariot, master, legion, bolt

5 horrors
bolt

5 horrors
bolt

5 horrors
bolt

6 horrors
bolt
changeling

7 Plaguebearers

7 Plaguebearers

3 Flamers
bolt

3 flamers
bolt

DP, Tzeentch, Bolt, Gaze

DP, Tzeentch, Bolt, Gaze

DP, Tzeentch, Bolt Gaze.

you can see by comparing these 2 lists how much extra fat there was to be cut from the first list. I managed to include a GUO and 2 better heralds, turn 2 not so good princes into 3 great ones, and almost keep the troops and elites the same.

This gives you 4 bolts at BS 4, 4 at BS 3, and 3 at BS 5. don't use the flamers as dive bombers. Keep them at a distance and bolt things then use them to mop up after you demech stuff. You don't have a lot of things that will live in combat so you have to shoot stuff down fast. Horrors won't do much against 3+, but you have 2 gazes at BS 4 and 3 at BS 5. sit PBs at objectives, babysit your troops with the GUO and the princes which can defend them against CC in a pinch. I'd say put your princes, tzeralds and flamers in one wave and GUO + bearers + horrors in the other, so if you get the first one you drop down and demech as much as possible to kill mobility, if you get the second one you try to lock stuff with GUO and bearers until stuff comes down.

hope it helps,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about this list?

1750 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster - 1750 Blightning

HQ: Great Unclean One
-Flies
-Might

HQ: Herald of Tzeentch
-Mastery
-Legion
-Bolt
-Chariot

-Mastery
-Legion
-Bolt
-Chariot

Elite: Flamers of Tzeentch X3
-Bolt

-Bolt

Troops: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch X5
-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt

Troops: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch x5
-1 Changeling
-Bolt

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle X6
-Icon

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle X6
-Icon

mark of tzeentch, daemonic flight, mastery,bolt, gaze

mark of tzeentch, daemonic flight, mastery,bolt, gaze

Total Roster Cost: 1745

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this a more effective list?
1750 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster - 1750 Blightning

-Demonic Gaze
-Mastery
-We Are Legion
-Bolt
-Chariot

-Demonic Gaze
-Mastery
-We Are Legion
-Bolt
-Chariot

-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt

-Bolt

Troops: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch X6
-Bolt
-Changeling

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle X8

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle X8

-Mark of Tzeentch
-Bolt
-Gaze

-Mark of Tzeentch
-Bolt
-Gaze

-Mark of Tzeentch
-Bolt
-Gaze

Validation Report:
c-1. File Version: 1.07b For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1747

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I won my first two games, first match was a tau army, second a guardsmen army. Had some fantastic rolling, obliterated the tau player rather quickly, he made a comeback with his battle-suits but managed to bolt them down after a little. Second game was a lot longer as i had trouble punching the armor, but since it was a objective game, my plague bearers held down two of the three objectives for the game. third game was against chaos daemons this was not a fun game, they were a skarband-slaanesh list that ripped me to shreds, I lost, the last game was against orcs ended with one point owned by both of us and the last point being contested by both of us. was a good night, and i had fun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im thinking id drop 2 plague bearers from both squads to give two of my daemon princes breath, i ended up getting in to close with my princes, and occasionally they could get off a few shots into a squad but seems like they would have really benefited from breath to weed out some of the infantry more effectively, but overall if i could afford them wallet wise id like to add two soul grinders, drop a prince and add either some more flamers or a greater daemon if i could find a way to get one in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts