Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a new army list that I am playing with in preperation for a tournament coming up. All comments and suggestions would be appreciated. The theme is khorne tzeentch, the only items that are really non negotiable are the hq choices.

HQ: 605pts
Skarbrand
Skulltaker on Juggernaut
The Blue Scribes

TROOPS: 421pts
6XPink Horrors of Tzeentch, Upgrade 1 Model to The Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch
6XPink Horrors of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch

6XBloodletters of Khorne
6XBloodletters of Khorne

ELITES: 320pts
5XBloodcrushers of Khorne, Fury of Khorne, Musical Instrument
3XFlamers of Tzeentch

FAST ATTACK: 80pts
5XScreamers of Tzeentch

HEAVY SUPPORT: 320pts
Soul Grider of Chaos, Tongue

As I said, I am keen to know what you think this will be good against, bad against, and things to watch out for. I am new to tzeentch lists

cheers

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hi All,

I have a new army list that I am playing with in preperation for a tournament coming up. All comments and suggestions would be appreciated. The theme is khorne tzeentch, the only items that are really non negotiable are the hq choices.
Are you sure? Because those are absolutely the weakest point of your list. Let me elaborate:
HQ: 605pts
Skarbrand
Skarbrand is expensive as hell, slower than a standard BT and not really more killy. His aura also affects enemy models so unless your army is chock full of Slaaneshi daemons he's pretty weak.
Skulltaker on Juggernaut
Cool, but seriously unecessary. I supposed you want to put him in with the crushers. But they don't need him and he just makes an already expensive unit even more so.
The Blue Scribes
Yeah, an expensive toolbox who won't reliably do what you want him to. I'd have a standard Tzerald on a chariot (or in a horror unit) anyday.

TROOPS: 421pts
6XPink Horrors of Tzeentch, Upgrade 1 Model to The Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch
6XPink Horrors of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch
These are very lovely. But horrors tend not to work in small numbers to I would suggest getting more of these.
6XBloodletters of Khorne
6XBloodletters of Khorne
These dudes are good but I would never run them in units below 10. That is just giving your opponents easy kill points. Especially as Letters often find themselves gunned down before they reach the enemy.
ELITES: 320pts
5XBloodcrushers of Khorne, Fury of Khorne, Musical Instrument
5 crushers is too much. Make it 4 strong and give it an Icon so you can play wound allocation games all day long.

3XFlamers of Tzeentch
Flamers rock hard, just be careful not to waste them.
FAST ATTACK: 80pts
5XScreamers of Tzeentch
Screamers shouldn't normally be in units bigger than 3 and one unit is too few. They won't do much other than be seriously harrassive so make them cheap and plentiful.
HEAVY SUPPORT: 320pts
While you do seem to lack antitank Phlegm really is a better upgrade for these guys 85% of the time.
As I said, I am keen to know what you think this will be good against, bad against, and things to watch out for. I am new to tzeentch lists

cheers
Good against? Well, other CC armies. But daemons usually are (except mono Tzeentch lists).
Bad against? Anything mech. Like daemons always are but yours lack very much antitank for a tourney list. Unless you know that your meta won't contain all that much mech you really need something more to deal with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested that you said no to my skulltaker and skarbrand. Skulltaker being a wicked executionor. But thats cool, I am interested in trying out a few lists. So what about this?

1 thirster with BoBG and instrument
1 tzeentch herald, chariot, MoS, SD and BoT

7 X horrors, 1 = change and 1 = BoT
7 X horrors, 1 = BoT
10 X Bletters
10 X Bletters

4 X Crushers, 1 =icon, 1 = musician and 1 = FoK
3 X Flamers

3 X Screamers
3 X Screamers

1 Soul Grinder, with Tongue
1 Soul Grinder, with Phlegm

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hell, I didn't say no. In the end, only you have the authority to say that :wink:
The Tzeentch herald should NOT have soul devourer as they are piss poor in CC. Give him We are Legion instead. The thirster should have Unholy might instead of instrument (because a thirster who only manages to draw a combat is a pretty bad thirster isn't he?)
Otherwise it seems better. Maybe consider making your horror units into 3 of 5 all with bolt if you can find the points.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to throw this in...
Don't give up with Skulltaker entirely.
I think Instant Deathing Carnifexes, Characters, and everything big all day long, on a 4+ is bit more than just "cool but unnecessary"
Call me crazy, but that's just me:crazy:

Any idea on which units will go in which Wave yet?

·
Registered
312 Posts
You want a very sick HQ choice use Fateweaver and Skarbrand. Then let them hang out with your unit of 4 Crushers. Now you have Crushers that charge in at Init 5 S 6 that reroll all their fails to wound. Plus Skarbrand and Fateweaver. Then to top it all off everybody rerolls their failed armour and invul saves making this trio damn near impossible to deal with. It's doable, but your opponent is gonna spend a turn and most of his army to do it leaving the rest of your army free to slaughter like Rosie O'Donnell set loose in a twinkie factory :crazy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i like skull taker on a charriot for 20pts extra wounds toughness and strength is a bargain
Sure, nice little catch in there though... also means he'll be losing his Independent Character rule, ending with him being singled out by a hail of fire.

I would NEVER have him running around by himself.
Pay the extra 15 points more, get an extra strength, toughness, attack, wound, and best of all, keep Independent Character so you can still allocate wounds around your Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers squad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts