Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a tourney next weekend as the title sort of implies :p.
so i was wondering thoughts on this list.

Hq
CCS,4 plasma,astropath,chimera. 195pts

Elites
PBS,4 extra psykers,chimera. 155pts

Troops
Vets,3 melta,chimera. 155pts

Fast Attack
Vendetta. 130pts
Vendetta. 130pts
Vendetta. 130pts

Heavy Support
Manticore. 160pts
Manticore. 160pts
3 Hydras. 225pts

So the basic premise is 5 chimeras push forward all have hull heavy flamer.
Long range support gets some cover and generaly just kills stuff.Any cac will be welcomed.

·
4,491 Posts
Cant really fault it.

The only thing i would change is more Troop choices for objectives.

I'd put in an Infantry Platoon for bubble-wrap, and put a cheap unit of Flamer-equipped SWS's in the Vendettas to make them scoring or drop next to a unit to flame them.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Neither can I, although I nearly always give my Plasma CCS Carapace Armour to help against Get's hot, but there's not a lot you could drop to find the points to get it, so you'll just have to live or die by your Dice on that one.

That said, I hardly ever need 3 Hydras but by dropping one what would you spend the points on anyway..about all you could afford would be a cheap Scout Sentinel which may or may not be useful, and the Carapace.

I'd run with what you have as it's a very good list.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have a similiar list.

I'd drop the ccs plasmas into meltas and by an extra psyker for the squad for S9 attacks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool seems like i dont have much to change this list is a result of playtesting over about a year of swapping in and out combos and trying everything together so it really has been distilled to a hard form.Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I have a similiar list.

I'd drop the ccs plasmas into meltas and by an extra psyker for the squad for S9 attacks.
Plasma is good.
All-Melta is boring, predictable, and not as useful in some situations when RoF is more effective than AP1.

9 Psykers can indeed be good, not just for the +1 S but the extra wound.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You have a very hard list there. The one thing that could be a problem is missions with mutiple objectives against an army that has more troops. You can ofcourse deny objectives, but taking them yourself will be difficult.

With this list you could just pound the enemy into submission and win the battle by tabling him/her.

A little difference I'd play is the CCS. I'd always grab 4 meltaguns in the CCS, because they have the 'orders' build in on a higher LD. (They can be an effective alpha-strike unit in a vendetta.) Then I'd take 1 plasma veteran squad. That would save 20pts and cost 15pts. If I could find 10pts extra I'd take 2 plasma squads, because plasma veterans have saved my ass more often then melta vets. (Against TMC's and terminators they are awesome.)

Good luck at the tournament.

Greetz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts