Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres my first attempt at a competative DH list I already own the IG in this list minus Chimeras and Stormies.

Inquisitor lord (joins infantry squad 4)
Psychic hood
Psycannon
Terminator armour
115pts

Captian Brother 61pts

8 Inquisitor Stormies
X2 melta guns
Rhino - Extra armor, Smoke launchers
158pts

8 Inquisitor Stormies
X2 melta guns
158pts

X5 grey knights (joined by captian brother)
justicar
Incinerator
185pts

PCS
X4 flamers
Chimera
105pts

Infantry squad 1 (squad 1/2 combined)
Commissar
Grenade Launcher
Autocannon
100pts

Infantry squad 2
Grenade Launcher
Autocannon
65pts

PCS
x4 flamers
Chimera
105pts

Infantry squad 3
lascannon
70pts

Infantry squad 4
Grenade Launcher
Chimera
110pts

Heavy Weapons Squad
x3 Missile Launchers
90pts

Leman russ battle tank 150pts
Hull heavy flamer

Dreadnaught
Lascannon
130pts

Dreadnaught
Lascannon
Missile Launcher
140pts

1742pts

The idea here is to have a static firing line from squads 1/2 and 3. Squad 4 will start disembarked and move up while firing. The greyknights will embark squad 4s chimera and move up with other transports.

Storm troopers tank hunt along with dreads while they move up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
HEY!:D
Id ditch the Lord and take a normal inquisitor with mystics its a win combo:)
I like the IS idk do they need that much men in the squad? doesnt matter i suppose
Dreads?:/ suppose DH dont have anything else to tank hunt with lol but these would be the things i would get rid of and use your guard as anti tank lascannon teams do fine.
I would use greyknights as added firepower maybe two 5 or 6 man squads with psycannons works for me:)
might as well get more inquisitors with heavy bolter henchies for more firepower.
tis a pretty good list anyway:D
these are just suggestions for more firepower but as always its up to you
hope this halps:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are dreads not good in DH lists? they can move up while firing and are damn good in close combat with the strength 10 :p

I wouldnt mind dropping one Dred for another GK squad.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
As the Lulz guy already mentioned, you could drop the Lord in favor of a normal Inquisitor, with the same warger, and with the points you saved, you could get mystics, and a couple of Heavy bolter armed gun servitors... Your army could well be led only by the Brother-Captain (Not Captain brother, you switched place on the words, probably not intentionally, but anyway...), and you also left 8 pts unused, for them you get one mystic, so use them up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have a retinue then he wouldnt be able to join a squad correct? wouldnt he survive better with the extra 10 wounds rather then 2 or 3 from mystics etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i drop one dreadnaught and turn the inquisitor into a regular one do you think its a good idea to replace it with another 70 pt las cannon IG squad and maybe some death cult assaissins?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I dont know about the IGs, maybe, but the Death Cult assassins do almost always pay their price back in kills, and if you take 3, you could gang them up on enemy squads with around 10 models, and they will surely kill it!

But about the Inquisitor, you could buy 1 or 2 Mystics, Gun servitors with Heavy Bolters, 2 Sages (Never leave home with out sages!!!) and 1, maybe 2 or 3 accolytes... Equiping the accolytes with shhoty weapons will give you fire power, and the mystics allow your squad to take a free shot at deep striking enemy units, making the squad into effective deep strike killers, and against demons, they could with some luck kill quite a lot of demons before they even have time to hit back...

·
Registered
277 Posts
yea lascannons for guardsmen are win:)
death cult assassins:/
they are good when they make it in to cc usually get shot in the face for trying tho
Callidus is the best sin IMO just drop her in and take out an important character job done.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Yeah, Callidus is awesome! You can really ruin your foes plan, and then you come knocking on his HQs back door before beating the living crap out of him!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
revised list

Brother Captain 61pts

8 Inquisitor Stormies - tank hunt then grab objectives.
X2 melta guns
158pts

8 Inquisitor Stormies - tank hunt then grab objectives
X2 melta guns
158pts

X5 grey knights (joined by captian brother) - embark in squad 5's chimera first turn
justicar
175pts

PCS
X4 flamers
Chimera
105pts

Infantry squad 1 (squad 1/2 combined)
Commissar
Grenade Launcher
Autocannon
100pts

Infantry squad 2
Grenade Launcher
Autocannon
65pts

PCS
x4 flamers
Chimera
105pts

Infantry squad 3
lascannon
70pts
Infantry squad 4
lascannon
70pts

Infantry squad 5 - Starts disembarked. Used for counter deep strike or screen
Grenade Launcher
Chimera
110pts

Heavy Weapons Squad
x3 Missile Launchers
90pts

Inquisitor
Psychic hood
Psycannon
Terminator armour
Sage,Mystic, X2 Acoyltes
122pts

X2 Death Cult Assassins 80pts - Counter Deep strike/ assault on my back lines. or move up using squad 5 as a screen.
Leman russ battle tank 150pts
Hull heavy flamer

Dreadnaught - anti tank and draw enemies attention
Lascannon
130pts

1749pts

·
Registered
277 Posts
drop the termi armor for the inquisitor he doesnt need it
try to get 3 heavy bolters in the inquisitor squad 9 shots at bs4 owns.
instead of the death cult sins if you could find 15 points and take the eversor sin he is a good inf killer:)
other than that looks good
hope anything iv said helps :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts