Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I am involved with a escalation league at my local GW store. The League is designed to encourage building a fully painted army, So I will score allot of points for having a full painted army, as such I have started working on a list for the month of March (when we escalate to 1750) so I have this month to get the models ready.

Anyway this is the planned list: (Its 40pts short, could use to give flakk to the havocs)

= HQ =
Daemon Prince. – 265
[DoT, Wings, Armor, Black Mace]

Chaos Lord – 155
[LC, BBoS, MoN, SoC, GoM]

= Troops =

Cultists - 55
[10man, Flamer]

Chaos Space Marine Squad. (10 man) - 250
[10man, CCWs, Melta Gun x2 , Power Weapon (Sword), Combi-Flamer (on AC), Rhino+Havoc. ]

Chaos Space Marine Squad. (10 man) - 235
[10man, CCWs, Plasma Guns x2 , Rhino+Havoc. ]

Plague Marine Squad. (7 Man) – 198
[7 man, Plasma Guns x2]

= Elites =

Hellbrute. - 125
[Plasmacannon, Power Fist. Heavy Flamer]

= Fast =

Chaos Bikes - 100
[3 man, 2 Melta Guns, 1 Combi-Melta (On AC)]

= Heavy Support =

Predator – 100
Lascannon Turret

Havoc Squad - 135
[5 Man, 4 Missile Launchers]

= Fortifications. =

Aegis Defense Lines – 100
Quad-Gun

==
The Plan, (Like my 1250pt list) is to put the Plague marines (With the Lord) on the Fortification along with the cultists and Havocs building a nice little castle. Near the end of the game they make a jump on 'near zone' objectives.

The two CSM squads along with the Hellbrute and Predator advance on a flank and try to get line-breaker and objectives on the far table. The DP and the Bikes acts as roving problem solvers.

Any ideas..

Oh and No I don't own a Hell-drake yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would probally drop the hell brute and chaos lord and get achaos biker lord. Upgrade him out and make him mark of korne. This will probbally wreck the field. If you have extra points get another group of bikes to help him out.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probally drop the hell brute and chaos lord and get achaos biker lord. Upgrade him out and make him mark of korne. This will probbally wreck the field. If you have extra points get another group of bikes to help him out.
At the moment the Hellbrute brings quite a bit to the table. While I like the Idear of a Biker Lord, (I have long term dreams of a slanesh one.) The Nurgle lord keeps the PM's Scoring, and as I know I will be fighting a Greynights force (Most likey Dracowing), I will be out fought in CC... {Note Iam a little worried that it will ve Dracowing supported by a warhound Titan, but thats just the way things go!}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts