7 DA
1 Exarch - 2 Shuri Cata - bladestorm
WS - BrightLance - Spirit Stone

5 pathfinders

1 Falcon - Brightlance - Shuri Cannon - Holofield- Spirit Stone

2 x War walkers - Scatter Lasser - Scatter Lasser

2 x War walkers - Scatter Lasser - Scatter Lasser

Total 1749 pts.

Since i got 3 guides per turn they should be spend on the 2 warwalkers squads and the Falcon. Any idea where should i make a change?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well, the bladestorm isn't really worth it with 7 guys. Yeah, it's 23 shots, but for a unit that'll spend most of it's time not firing, you still don't have enough shots to wipe out marine squads, and 16 shurikat shots will already dent, say, orks, guard and gaunts just fine.

You've got 3 TL brightlances and a gunboat falc to deal with vehicles. That's 6 shots a turn. Hopefully all TL, but still. I'd want some fire dragons in there at that point level. Fire Dragons are the best unit we have at elites, really, and one of the best units we get if not the best.

I generally discourage singing spears, since you don't want to be using it, and it makes you worse in CC.

You may be able to cast guide 3 times a turn, but with a psychic hood on the field or any other anti-psyker stuff around that's iffy. In any case, when mech'd up, doom will frequently serve you better (not always, just frequently), and fortune will keep vehicles alive a million times longer. That's more of a play comment than a composition point, but it's something to think about.

The War Walkers are... so very fragile. Amazing units, yes, but extremely fragile. They'll get a round of shooting in, and it'll be amazing, but don't count on them to last. I'd also hesistate about trusting them with your horde-clearing needs. They're good at that, but they're better at, say, taking a Chimera or other transport down with a side shot. Do it right and sure, they'll pay for themselves and put a dent in the other side's battle plan, but don't count on them sticking around to keep getting guided. Maybe consider switching the 2x2 for 1x3 and use the points elsewhere, but in any case just remember that they're not particularly survivable.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I agree with Cyklown I love BLs but they tend to be risky, I would drop a squad of walkers and drop one of the DA squads to 5 to make the falcon DAVU (Honestly if you have nothing to transport it's much better to take a prism instead of a falcon) I would also add a unit of dragons, even in small squads they are lethal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts