Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I've always had a soft spot for our beloved Metallic Skeletons. With that being said i would like some critiquing on the following list:

Reclamation Legion 1426 points
Overlord with Solar Staff -95
5 Gauss Immortals with Nightscythe -215
12 Warriors with Nightscythe -286
12 Warriors with Nightscythe -286
3 Tomb Blades with Nebuloscope, Particle Beamer & Shield Vanes -72
3 Tomb Blades with Nebuloscope, Particle Beamer & Shield Vanes -72
2 Monoliths -400

Deathbringer Flight 320 Points
2 Doom Scythes -320

Total Points: 1746

So the idea is to have the Overlord join a group of warriors in their Nightscythe, move around 23-24 inches and drop close to an objective. The group of Gauss Immortals and 2nd group of warriors will do the same.

The now independent transports will go about their business to see if the C'tan will bless us with some good Tesla rolls...

Deep Strike the Monoliths to cause a large panic and general mayhem, while keeping the Doom Scythes in reserves and take out large annoying armor.

Finally use the Tomb Blades to pop troops in cover or flank light to medium armored targets.

between 5 flyers and 2 monoliths and the smaller troop i think i have just about everything covered. Not to mention the Ever-living command benefit is just icing on the proverbial cake!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I usually play against necrons, and depending on what sort of battlefield you play on monoliths always seem to have a hard time deepstriking. I don't think that I have ever played a game where my opponents monolith hasn't scattered into terrain or other units. So overall this looks like a very effective list, I would just maybe start one of the monoliths on the board.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
You're only starting 6 Tomb Blades on the table T1 with no backup until the dice gods decide (T2 soonest)?

Start the Monoliths on-table so you can stave off defeat, Drop Pod armies and GSC would eat you alive off the top of my head. Otherwise have fun with the list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts