Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This list has been quite competitive lately for me, stomping out a record of 4w 1L so far whatcha think guys. C&C please

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 205pts
Wings, Warptime, Winds of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch

Sorcerer - 210pts
Wings, Warptime, Winds of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Familar

Elites:
Chaos Dreadnought - 100pts
Multi-melta

Troops:
7 Khorne Berzerkers - 303pts
1 Skull Champion, Powerfist, 3 plasma Pistols, Rhino, Extra Armor

9 Chaos Space Marines - 310pts
1 Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Icon of Chaos Glory

9 Chaos Space Marines - 300pts
1 Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Icon of Chaos Glory

Heavy Support:
Defiler - 150pts
3 DCCW, Autocannon

Predator - 165pts
Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Lascannon Turret

Predator - 105
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

1748/1750

Note this list is wrong I posted up an 1800 list in progress in this post. the actual list can be found further down...

Please dont say drop the preds and dreds for oblits, they are too much of a target and many peoples underestimate this list and fail.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This list has been quite competitive lately for me, stomping out a record of 4w 1L so far whatcha think guys. C&C please

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 205pts

Sorcerer - 210pts
Wings, Warptime, Winds of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Familar
-Replace him with another Daemon Prince

Elites:
Multi-melta
-I love these guys, but I wouldnt bring him in an actual competative game as he doesn't always perform (in your favor... he always kills something:biggrin:)

Troops:
1 Skull Champion, Powerfist, 3 plasma Pistols, Rhino, Extra Armor

1 Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Icon of Chaos Glory

1 Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Icon of Chaos Glory

Heavy Support:
Defiler - 150pts
3 DCCW, Autocannon
-I'm iffy on this as I would probably drop it and spend the points to make your csm squads 10 each and adding a couple more berzerkers

Predator - 165pts
-Get rid of the lascannon sponsons and add a lascannon turret to your other pred.

Predator - 105

1748/1750

Please dont say drop the preds and dreds for oblits, they are too much of a target and many peoples underestimate this list and fail.
I don't have my codex on me at the moment... but the points should about balance them out... I will come back and edit this when I get home.

·
Registered
477 Posts

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 205pts

Sorcerer - 210pts
Wings, Warptime, Winds of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Familar You only have two psychic powers and MoT so you dont need the familiar.

Elites:
Multi-melta I dont like giving this treacherous bastard anything to kill my own vehicles with. Has it blown up one of your own rhinos with that multimelta yet?

Troops:
1 Skull Champion, Powerfist, 3 plasma Pistols, Rhino, Extra Armor Not a major fan of plasma pistols on berserkers. Normally they kill what they charge anyways and I always roll 1's. Not a major thing but 45 points that could be better spent elsewhere

1 Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Icon of Chaos Glory Not a great fan of weaponry on rhinos either. They are transports and should generally be moving at cruising speed

1 Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher, Icon of Chaos GloryAs above for Rhino

Heavy Support:
Defiler - 150pts
3 DCCW, Autocannon

Predator - 165pts

Predator - 105
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons With the extra points from the Havoc launchers and familar ditch this bad boy and take another defiler..

1748/1750

Please see above for suggestions..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I did some moving around of points as I realized I had posted the wrong lost above... DAMN that copy and paste macro!!!!!!!!

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 205pts

Sorcerer - 190pts
Warptime, Winds of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Familar
( Lets me use 2 powers and force weapon)

Elites:
Multi-melta (has not killed a friendly rhino yet)

Troops:
8 Khorne Berzerkers - 258pts
Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor

10 Chaos Space Marines - 295pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory

10 Chaos Space Marines - 280pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory

Heavy Support:
Defiler - 150pts
3 DCCW, Autocannon

Predator - 165pts

Predator - 105
(I keep the sponsons for the simple fact that my preds dont move. they arent Baal preds in a BA army they are chaos preds in a chaos army thus they are practically non moving fire stations not speedy little pricks with Assualt cannons)
1748/1750

·
Registered
60 Posts
The familiar is actually useless as it allows your sorceror to take another psychic power, but doesnt actually say it allows you to use more then one power per turn. It's on pg 85.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, upon further investigation it seems you are correct familar is useless. however, in light of this moment, I shall keep it in the list anyway because i have nothing better to spend the points on.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
wo wo hey there is always room for points on a list oh and extra armor is usles because as long as you have bigger threats no one will fire at your rhinos plus you have smoke launchers so you can move forward 12 inches and pop smoke, not to menchin the only thing that can keep you from not moving is stun results so thats one thing everything is either death imobolize or shaken so there isnt much use. but for bezerkers yea go ahead and put it on. just use cover and have bigger threats and your rhinos wont get shot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does the sorcerer roll with the berzerkers?

If so, have you considered giving him bolt of change as well as of winds of chaos? That way the sorcerer may fire his pseudo melta the turn before they assault, using warptime to reroll any failed rolls to hit, and then the following turn charge in with the zerkers and use warptime with his force weapon. That puts the familiar to good use too.

Maybe change the prince from winds of chaos to bolt of change, giving him the chance to pop transports and then feast upon the contents in the same turn without relying on another unit, and free up 5 points there.

Next, correct the points total for the pred (you have it overpriced by 5 points,) that gets us up to 10 free points.

And finally, take out the plasma pistol from the 1st CSM squad. You probably want to keep these guys firing from within their transport, so the pistol would be going to waste most of the time. That gives us the last 15 points to make up the cost of bolt of change for the sorcerer.

None of these changes require purchasing additional models, and only one very minor modelling change is needed to swap a plasma pistol with a bolt pistol. Seems like a change you could handle easily enough, and should give you some more options when it comes to game play.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
wo wo hey there is always room for points on a list oh and extra armor is usles because as long as you have bigger threats no one will fire at your rhinos plus you have smoke launchers so you can move forward 12 inches and pop smoke
Anyone with a brain will target Rhinos because they know that contained inside the Rhinos are scoring units that are vital to winning the game.

To the OP, hang on to the extra armor. It may not come into play in every game but when it does it's totally worthwhile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually, there is one more change I would make. Downgrade a power fist to a power weapon (probably from within the melta CSM squad? I think they would have less need for it?) and use those points to upgrade the extra armour on the two CSM squads' rhinos to daemonic possession.

Now I know others will reccomend against this on the basis that it is too expensive for a rhino, but really, if you are already happy to pay for the extra armour, its only a marginal increase to get posession.

And lets face it, the unique thing about each of these squads are the weapons they possess. You obviously understand how important it is to keep the vehicle moving, but it is probably equally important to ensure they can keep shooting aswell to take advantage of their fancy guns.

I hope these suggestions are the kind of thing you were looking for.

·
Registered
477 Posts
this guy is right but i might add to take more squads and to drop extra armor its usless
Some people just do not think things through.. I mean seriously.. Useless? No no no

Here take a look...

Troops:
Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor Have you ever seen how destructive berserkers are? Anyone with half a brain would make these a big target in this list.. If they reach their destination they are going to kill whatever they charge.. Threat level 9/10

10 Chaos Space Marines - 295pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Plasma pistol, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory You probably could leave out the Extra Armour on this one as your plasma is rapid fire and longer range so you could have them sit on a home objective. If thats the idea though then drop the Rhino

Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory Okay.. 3 Meltaguns in one unit moving 12" per turn.. Not a target? Please...
You have arguments for leaving Extra Armour off the two CSM units although useless is a far stretch from a word I would describe.

Leaving Extra Armour off a squad of berserkers though isnt a great idea.. If the lascannons/melta is all firing at your heavy choices then you can guarantee the autocannons/krak missiles are coming for your rhinos... Extra Armour please barkeep.. And make it a double!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sorry to play Devil's advocate, but Daemonic Possession on a Rhino is next to useless.

Rhinos exist to move, dump their cargo, then die. Basicly all DP does is allow them to shoot their crappy TL Bolter on a 1 or 2. For five points, the ability to maybe shoot a Bolter isn't really worth it. The odds of 1 or 2 bolter shots changing a game are next to nil, especially when odds are it will just blow up anyway.

If the Rhino had extra guns stuck on it, then DP might make sense. But then it becomes a point sink, and is once again not worth it.

EDIT: if you somehow have 10+ extra points and absolutly nothing else to spend them on, then ignore this advice.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It may not come into play in every game but when it does it's totally worthwhile.
/AGREE

If you happen to run four squads of berserkers like me... it will come into play.. believe me.. To crys of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" from your opponent as you tell him your bolter wielding rhino cant shoot next turn but can still bring the berserkers crashing in on you...

Sorry to play Devil's advocate, but Daemonic Possession on a Rhino is next to useless.
Dude we are talking about Extra Armour.. not DP :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I changed a few things in the list today cuz I have to kill some unworthy IG today. He runs lots of tanks with blobs of infantry and melta vets... i think this list will work out great what do yall think.. C&C needed!

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 200pts
Wings, Warptime, bolt of change, Mark of Tzeentch

Sorcerer - 180pts
Warptime, bolt of change, Mark of Tzeentch

Elites:
Multi-melta (has not killed a friendly rhino yet)

Troops:
Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor

10 Chaos Space Marines - 285pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, twin-linked bolter, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory

Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory

Heavy Support:
Defiler - 150pts
3 DCCW, Autocannon

Predator - 180pts
Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Lascannon Turret, extra armor

Predator - 115pts
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher

1748/1750
I was thinking of pulling the icons out of the csm squads, they never come into play at my FLGS nor when i play my buddies, and it would free up points any suggestions?

note: most players start to freek when they see a defiler, a daemon prince, and a dreadnought on my side of the field, they draw the fire away from my preds and rhinos idk why though ;)... If I brought it up to 2000 pts I would add in

Elites:
Dreadnought - 130
Twin-linked Lascannon, heavy flamer

Dreadnought - 115
Twin-linked Autocannon, Heavy Flamer

And a Heavy flamer on the Melta Dreadnought brings me too 1998/2000 if i wanted too

·
Registered
45 Posts

Rhinos exist to move, dump their cargo, then die. Basicly all DP does is allow them to shoot their crappy TL Bolter on a 1 or 2. For five points, the ability to maybe shoot a Bolter isn't really worth it. The odds of 1 or 2 bolter shots changing a game are next to nil, especially when odds are it will just blow up anyway.

If the Rhino had extra guns stuck on it, then DP might make sense. But then it becomes a point sink, and is once again not worth it.

EDIT: if you somehow have 10+ extra points and absolutly nothing else to spend them on, then ignore this advice.
I think you missed the point here. The idea of possession is not to benefit the rhino's own gun, but the plasma guns being carried inside.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Katie!!! How are you? I've missed you.

Anyway, back on topic...:scratchhead:

I like the list. I might give it a whirl this weekend. Not sure how I feel about the Defiler, so I might try it both ways.

Do the CSM squads really need to be that pimped? I'm a fan of running them fairly plain, but whats your reasoning for running them as is? Are the Icons that helpful?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts