Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here is a 1750 pt list I have. It is for the US national tournament through GW.

HQ - 175 points

Daemon Prince - MoN, Wings, WT

TROOPS - 760 points

Plague Marines X7
-Champ with Fist
- Melta Gun X2
-Melta-Bombs
Rhino with Combi-Weapon

Plague Marines X7
-Champ with Fist
- Plasma Gun X2
Rhino with Combi-Weapon

Khorne Berzerkers X8 (will be going in the LR)
-Champ with Fist
-Personal Icon

ELITES - 520 points

Chaos Terminators X5
-Champion X2 - IoN and each with a PF
-Reaper Autocannon
-Pair of Lightning Claws X2
Dedicated LR(for the Berzerkers) with EA

HEAVY SUPPORT - 295 points
Chaos Defiler with a TL Lascannon and DCC weapon

Chaos Vindicator


Alright, so with the Zerkers in the LR and the Melta PM squad, I will spearhead my enemy's lines and bring in the termies there. The Defiler will be the distant artillery with the Vindy providing some heavy firepower. The Prince will most likely move with the LR and assault with the Zerkers. Also, depending on the mission, I will camp on an objective with or along with Deffy.

Any and all C and C is welcome, and tear my list apart, as well as my tactics, thanks guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see where you are coming from, but DP lowering the BS of the Vindy, therefore lowering the efficiency of it. Plus, the 20 can be put to better use in my opinion. EA works much better, I know it can still be Shaken, but it will still have BS 4.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,491 Posts
The -1 BS is nothing.
45% of the time it will be a direct hit, 55% of the time it will scatter an extra inch.

All it takes is 1 glancing hit though and the Vindi will be doing basically nothing regardless of what the result is on the damage table.
Taking DP means that there is a 67% chance that a glancing hit will do nothing at all, and a 33% chance that a penetrating hit will do nothing.

I guess its up to you, but personally i think its a smart investment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can agree, it just seems that statistics doesn't matter when almost every competent 40K player knows what a vindicator is/does and will make it 1st priority to take it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
this doesn't really add anything but if the LR is dedicated to the termi's, the beserkers can't start the game inside of it. You have an empty heavy slot so I guess it doesn't really matter. Some sort of rules turd could call you on it though.

5 more points for possession is totally worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
have to agree, definitely get possession on the vindi. scattering an extra inch is nothing in comparison to not being able to shoot..

nearly a 3rd of your points are in your terminators and to be honest the likelihood of them making their points back is pretty much zero. I would drop them. shouldn't be a problem with the raider as you have a spare heavy slot anyway.

with those points you could add in another daemon prince, more plague marines or berzerkers, unit of infiltrating or outflanking melta chosen?

Personally i would think about dropping the vindicator, defiler or landraider(but i can see why you would want to use it here) and investing in obliterators. They are awesome and IMO one of the best heavy choices in 40K due to their versatility.

hope it helps. good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Malgron, I know that the LR is not dedicated to the Berzerkers, so they will not start off in it, but I can deploy them right next to it and embark and move 1st turn. I only press about not taking DP because it has always proven wasteful to take, like every game my vindicator faces, it is destroyed and DP has done nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I have to say that I would rather take extra armor than daemonic possession. I find that extra armor works just fine for what it does. I take it on all my vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
this doesn't really add anything but if the LR is dedicated to the termi's, the beserkers can't start the game inside of it. You have an empty heavy slot so I guess it doesn't really matter. Some sort of rules turd could call you on it though.
Please show me in the rulebook where I have never had this issue in any tourneyment, ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rulebook does say that only the unit that the transport was dedicated to may start the game inside. That doesn't mean that a unit of Berzerkers cannot embark into a LR, they just have to wait until turn 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
It might be a good idea to drop the melta bombs or power fists from your PM squads. You only really need one or the other.

Personally I'd take the powerfist as it can inflict instant death on T1-4 infantry units, and it will give you're PC 3 attacks on the charge. Meltabombs however, are ineffective against infantry and only give you one attack.

Of course, if you did elect to use meltabombs, you could take a power weapon giving you 4 attacks on the charge and no impairment of intiative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
HQ - 175 points

Daemon Prince - MoN, Wings, WT

TROOPS - 760 points

Plague Marines X7
-Champ with Fist
- Melta Gun X2
-Melta-Bombs
Rhino with Combi-Weapon

Plague Marines X7
-Champ with Fist
- Plasma Gun X2
Rhino with Combi-Weapon

Khorne Berzerkers X8 (will be going in the LR)
-Champ with Fist
-Personal Icon

ELITES - 520 points

Chaos Terminators X5
-Champion X2 - IoN and each with a PF
-Reaper Autocannon
-Pair of Lightning Claws X2
Dedicated LR(for the Berzerkers) with EA

HEAVY SUPPORT - 295 points
Chaos Defiler with a TL Lascannon and DCC weapon

Chaos Vindicator
HQ: plenty fine. maybe take another with extra points?

Troops: Don't need meltabombs, because your fist gives you extra attacks, works out a little in favor of the fist in the long run. as for the plasma, I'd prefer stocking up on more meltas, but i guess it's a point of preference. way i see it, is sure, you get one less shot in 12" range and no 24" shot, but it doesn't overheat, and you can fire it before charging. plus, it's 5 points cheaper per gun.

Elites: Your termies are going to be a serious disappointment. I can't see any situation other than sheer luck where they would make their 500+ points back in a single game. take them out, put a squad of chosen meltas in maybe? the LR for your zerkers can be put in your free heavy slot.

Heavy support: defiler's ok, but that vindy absolutely, positively needs demonic possession. in response to your comment that it dies before it can do anything: without possession, if it doesn't die, it's stuck doing jack shit for a turn. with possession, if it doesn't die, you can retaliate and make them sorry they every tried to blow it up.

EDIT: And if they're wasting that much firepower on your vindicator, it's doing its job, because it's pulling all that firepower off of other things, like your rhinos and your land raider.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top