Chaos Sorceror; wings/slaanesh/lash

Troops: 512 pts
two squads 7x plague marines; champ, fist, 2x melta, rhino

Elites: 350 pts
two squads 5x Chosen; 5x melta, rhino

Heavy support: 440 pts
2x Vindicator; possession
Defiler; 2x CCW

This is 1602 points. I'm looking to find out what the best thing for 148 points is to add to the list to fill it out, any suggestions?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice Army!

HQ: 300 pts
Daemon prince; wings/slaanesh/lash
Chaos Sorceror; wings/slaanesh/lash

Perfect! Give the sorcerer a Daemon weapon, though.

Troops: 512 pts
two squads 7x plague marines; champ, fist, 2x melta, rhino

Perfect, you can't have done better!

Elites: 350 pts
two squads 5x Chosen; 5x melta, rhino

Good, but think about a aspiring champ. with a power weapon incase of mele combat
Heavy support: 440 pts
2x Vindicator; possession
Defiler; 2x CCW

Good, make sure the defiler has a twin linked heavy bolter to provide some fire suppotrt.

With the last 150pts. I'd put 3 obliterators in, those guys are killer!

This is 1602 points. I'm looking to find out what the best thing for 148 points is to add to the list to fill it out, any suggestions?
Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
dang!

Crud, then maybe a squad of 5 bikers, you don't have any fast Attck, right! And screw the DW. see what you think! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah... I'd add in some more Troops if you can. Plague Marines are tough but even so you're pretty low on scoring units...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys, after do a lot of reading from a lot of different view points here's my revised list.

HQ:
2x Daemon Prince; Wings/Slaanesh/Lash

Elites:
5x Chosen; 5 meltaguns, rhino

Troops:
7x Plague Marines; Champion/power fist/combi-meltagun, 2x meltaguns, rhino
7x Plague Marines; Champion/power fist/combi-meltagun, 2x meltaguns, rhino+havoc launcher
7x Plague Marines; Champion/power fist/combi-meltagun, 2x meltaguns, rhino+havoc launcher

Heavy Support:
Defiler; 2x CCW
2x Vindicator; Demonic Possession

Comes to 1753.

Any thoughs, comments, question, advice?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what i'm liking about this list is that pretty much everything involved is a giant fire magnet. forces the opponent to try and pick from several targets, possibly making a mistake in the process. :biggrin:

Only problem is, buying the whole list new is about 650 CDN, not including paints or WYSIWYG bitz x.x

·
4,491 Posts
what i'm liking about this list is that pretty much everything involved is a giant fire magnet. forces the opponent to try and pick from several targets, possibly making a mistake in the process. :biggrin:
Pretty much, thats why my 1500 point list is so effective. Purely because there are 3 MASSIVE threats, and if one is eliminated (IF), then the other 2 threats still compliment each other.

I run dual Lash Princes, 3 squads of Plague Marines (PF Champ and Meltas) in Rhino's, and 3 Vindicators with Daemonic Possession in 1500 points.

Your list is quite similar, and id expect you to have similar success as i have. Just try not to use it too much in friendly games, or else you wont have any friends.

Regarding the cost of the army, consider buying from an independent retailer rather than from GW.
I use Maelstrom Games in the UK as they have free overseas postage and are generally 40-45% off the AU RRP.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use Maelstrom Games in the UK as they have free overseas postage and are generally 40-45% off the AU RRP.
Thank you SO much for pointing that one out to me. do you know any others, by chance?

·
4,491 Posts
Thank you SO much for pointing that one out to me. do you know any others, by chance?
Yeh, about a dozen or so others, but i find Maelstrom to be the cheapest and best.
There are others that are slightly cheaper, but they charge a fortune for postage and ends up working out more expensive. Cant beat free postage.

Do a google search and you should be able to find a fair few.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts