Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
After a fair bit of reading and looking at other lists etc. I have made a list that seems both competitive and different.

HQ
Farseer-naked
Total: 100

Elites

6 Fire Dragons
Exarch
Dragon's Breath flamer
Wave Serpent
TL Scatter Lasers
Total: 262

Troops

9 Dire Avengers
Exarch
Battle Fortune
Diresword and shuriken pistol
Wave Serpent
TL Scatter Laser
Total: 282

9 Dire Avengers
Exarch
Battle Fortune
Diresword and shurkin pistol
Wave Serpent
TL Scatter Laser
Total: 282

Gaurdian Defenders
Brightlance
Total: 110

Rangers
Total 84

3 Windrider jetbikers
Shurkin Cannon
Total: 61

3 Windrider jetbikers
Shurkin Cannon
Total: 61

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Fire Prism
Total: 125

Fire Prism
Total: 125

Wraithlord
Brightlance
Ghostglave
Scatterlaser
Total: 165

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line
Quad-Gun
Total: 100

Any tips or advice i feel this is fairly well rounded. I'm not too sure about the HQ and the aegis line and quad gun for defense for the rangers and anti air. Thank you guys tons in advance.
Note: This is my first post so sorry in advance for poor write up etc.

Removed the individual point costs for you - darkreever

·
Registered
204 Posts
Immediately I notice a lack of AA.

The Wraithlord isnt doing much for this list so id suggest taking him out for three vypers with Scatter Lasers and Shuriken Cannons.

The choice of exarch's are interesting. The Avengers.could work in a challenge but not much else. I think you should remove the Dragon exarch though. He's not doing much so sabe the points.

Otherwise it's a solid list.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Even with the addition of Counter Attack Avengers are still not a combat unit of any kind - therefore spending 90pts on combat upgrades for them is something of a waste which could be better spent on Holofields for the Prisms and Chin cannons for everything else. I'd also roll the Jetbikes into one 6-man unit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just a quick note dont post individual point cost just the total cost, its a quick way to get a site shutdown

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The two things that stand out to me are the naked farseer, totally inappropriate on a battlefield :shok: and the fire dragon exarch.

Ok serious note, what are your plans for the farseer? The dragons breath is out of phase with what dragons do. I would rethink the DA exarch loadout. They are still a run and gun unit. Hope out of the transport blaze holes in the enemy, run and hide behind the wave serpent.

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree with pretty much everyone else on the Avenger Exarch. I don't see the point in them anyway and even less with CC gear. Avengers are not going to win close combats and investing in CC Exarch doesn't change that fact.

Fire Dragon Exarch with Fast Shot on the other hand... Cheaper than an additional model and more killy (albeit with less wounds).

I disagree with rolling the Jetbikes into one unit - it prevents them from being ini two places at once, makes them harder to hide, prevents them from shooting two units per turn and makes them control less space.

Otherwise the list looks fine IMHO but who's manning the defense line? =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am really stuck with what AA to put into this list. I have been attempting to tinker. At this stage i have removed the exarchs from the Dragons and Avengers and the wraithlord; replacing these units with a vyper squad with Scatterlasers and Shurkin cannon. I plan to put the rangers on the quad gun/behind the defense line. Is this a waste? Also I am sorry for putting the point costs for everything didn't realise it was a problem. Won't happen again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you may be better served by a crimson hunter for solid AA. i personally feel that rangers have lost some of their functionality with the changes, but that's just me. also your guardians may be able to pull double duty on the quad gun if your strapped for points.

·
Registered
59 Posts
to be honest i'd drop the rangers and add a warlock to the guardians, better cover if you have the power active and same bs (also 44 points more to tinker the list), i'd also add chin cannons and holofields on your veichles. Being your list a mostly veichle one i'd give a tought about using eldrad, his warlord trait may allow for two turns of 3+ cover saves on your veichles (if you have nightfight at start) and can help in getting a lot of mileage if you start first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts