Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ
2x Librarians with jump pack 250 (blood lance, shield of sanguinius)

Elites
Sanguinary Guard death masks power fist inferno pistol 250
2x Sanguinary Priest with power weapon 90 (180)

Troops
2 x 10 x assault squad 2x meltaguns 210 (420)
10 x tactical squad flamer, heavy bolter 170

Heavy Support
10 x devastators 4x lascannons 270
10 x devastators 4x rocket launchers 210

Yay or nay? You have to kill 30 mariens (mostly with FnP and 5+ cover) to stop me scoring. 2 psychic hoods floating around to stop psychic powers.

9 VP (14 if I split everything)

Pure infantry, I'd take another 10 assault mariens instead of the sanguinary guard, but I might need them for tough units. 59 models in a space marine army =D

And no one wants to walk into 4 lascannons and 4 rocket launchers. I hope

·
Registered
57 Posts
im thinking you drop your las cannonsand replace with missles and give power weapons on RAS and chapter banner on gaurdthat my twp cents and if i offend anyone its not a personal attck on you so calm down mate

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just a suggestion, why not drop the Devastators down to 2 x 5 man units with missile launchers & use the saved points to grab some multi melta attack bikes? Not sure how many you could get off the top of my head, but I get the feeling that this army might be a bit slow & static?

Dallas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the game I played against eldar told me I probably should have taken more rocket launchers instead of las. The concept of this list is to have so many bodies that most people would have trouble killing all of them before they get to the end of the game.

It's only about 1/2 static, the point is to have a balance with powerful weapons in the back and 29 marines with jump packs in the front line. So most opponents aren't sure what to kill first.

dropping the devs to 5 mans would save 160 pts, so 3 attack bikes? But it would weaken the devs alot, not to mention I would be an additional 4 wounds short.

Thanks for the ideas :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts