Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm thinking of picking up either Chaos Daemons or Blood Angels as my next army, built up to the 1750 level. Here's what I'm thinking for CD, tell me what you think!

Be'lakor, The Dark Master 350
Herald of Nurgle, Greater Locus of Fecundity 95
Herald of Slaanesh, etherblade, Greater Locus of Swiftness 75
Herald of Slaanesh, etherblade, Greater Locus of Swiftness 75
Karanak 120

6x Bloodcrushers of Khorne, Bloodhunter w etherblade, Banner of Blood 305

15x Daemonettes of Slaanesh 135
15x Daemonettes of Slaanesh 135
10x Plaguebearers 90

10x Flesh Hounds of Khorne 160
10x Flesh Hounds of Khorne 160
3x Screamers of Tzeentch 75

Total: 1750. Heralds do their herald thing and join up with respective units. I chose Karanak over a juggernaught herald because he'll give that big squad of Bloodcrushers scout! For the Heralds of Slaanesh, I'm torn between the etherblade/swiftness and the beguilement locus, which one do you think will be more useful? I like the etherblade/swiftness because it pumps them all up to i10 and there's an ap2 weapon in there in case I can't get enough rends, but I feel like if I charge through cover thats mainly wasted, and I can get more rending hits (and hits in general) with the beguilement locus. I feel like the big squad of bloodcrushers with invisibility will just be so SO mean... Thoughts?
-Arcticor

*edit: one thing i'm pondering is how I pop transports at range with this codex. It seems like something I should include so I can charge guys inside, but I'm not seeing how I do that reliably without using a tzeentch herald + pink horrors for s6 spam. ideas?*

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow! Super helpful advice, thank you! (and +rep for it).Here's what I've come up with. I'm kind of sad since bloodcrushers are such awesome models, so its a shame they're not as good as they could be :/

Be'lakor, The Dark Master 350
Herald of Slaanesh, greater etherblade, locus of beguilement, ML1 120
Herald of Slaanesh, greater etherblade, locus of beguilement, ML1 120
Herald of Slaanesh, greater etherblade, locus of beguilement, steed, ML1 135

14x Daemonettes of Slaanesh 126
14x Daemonettes of Slaanesh 126

17x Flesh Hounds of Khorne 272
6x Screamers of Tzeentch 150
14x Seekers of Slaanesh 168

Sould Grinder, Nurgle, Phlegm 180

Total: 1747. I feel like this is getting close to not having enough models on the board, I've found whenever that happens I lose because they can't stand up to all the firepower. I dropped the Daemonettes by 1 each just so I can model up the extras I get as the heralds, which will save me a little money and not make too much of an impact on the game. I'm not sure if this is an improvement on the old list though, it felt a lot tougher with more targets. Is there a unit that could perform like the bloodcrushers that I'm not seeing? Some big intimidating fast moving squad. I've got seekers right now but they feel really squishy with only t3 5++. I kind of figured the bloodcrushers would be less squishy if they got invisibility, but I figure I shouldnt rely on that too much.Anyway, thoughts?
-Arcticor

*edit: also, is nurgle the right call on the soul grinder? I like the idea of 3+ in terrain or 2+ in ruins, but could I be using him better up close in in cc?*

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, obviously I'll have to try everything out via proxy to see if the list suits my play style, but things look like they're taking shape! One last thing regarding ranged anti tank and anti infantry... I was looking at the warp gaze upgrade on the soul grinder, but at bs3 it seems way too inconsistent. What about swapping the soul grinder for 2x burning chariots? they've got relentless torrent ap3 flamers and d3 lascannon shots. 2 are a little more expensive than the soul grinder, but they look so damn flimsy. What are your thoughts, is the extra ranged firepower worth the flimsy profile? (and is there any way to make these guys more survivable, wargear or strategies?)
-Arcticor

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So thinking about some of my issues with shooting and AA, I've allied in some chaos space marines, made a swap in my hq section, and came up with this.

Kairos Fateweaver 300
Herald of Slaanesh, ML1, greater reward 120
Herald of Slaanesh, ML1, greater reward 120
Herald of Slaanesh, ML1, grimoire of true names 145

14x Daemonettes 126
14x Daemonettes 126

13x flesh hounds of khorne 208
6x screamers of tzeentch 150
14x seekers of slaanesh 168

Chaos sorcerer 60
10x Cultists 50
Forgefiend, 2x Hades Autocannon 175

Total: 1748. With this I've substituted the invisibility from Be'lakor with the grimoire + fateweavers reroll, so I should still be able to make the seekers a hard target to crack (maybe if I'm lucky i'll roll up cursed earth and make it 2++, but I think it would be smarter for me to stick with telepathy on the heralds). Fateweaver + the forgefiend provide me with some much needed anti-infantry and anti-tank, as well as mediocre flyer protection. Thoughts? is this any better than the previous lists
-Arcticor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts