Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This list just dismantled a Khorne Daemonkin army. It was borderline unfair.

Fucking yes. Thank you to those who helped me craft this sucker, she's a god damned beauty. Unfortunately I'm working the day of the tournament now and won't be able to make it out, but this is the 1750 list for my BA army. It garnered a lot of attention from the games going on around us so there's a few people that want to throw down against it. Bring it on!!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
What do you think about dropping a few tacticals and turning the rhinos to lascannon razorbacks?
It could be effective, but adding 40 points to a squishy tank and getting rid of 10 models isn't really up my alley. I've played 5 man squads in Razorbacks a lot and really prefer having 10 models on the table after my almost paper thin AV11 gives out. I think I'd sooner put Lascannons in Rhinos for them to shoot out of but I don't know where to pull the points in such a tight list. There's only really 15 points (that I ended up using on a Deathwind Missile Launcher for my Assault squad's Drop Pod) of wiggle room before I start compromising the way I like my units. By all means though, shoot me some suggestions if you see them.

As I have been typing this I came across the thought of putting Devastator squads with two Heavy Weapons in a Rhino; a squad with two Lascannons shooting out of the top hatch of a Rhino is the same points as a 5 man Tactical squad with no upgrades in a Razorback with a TLLC. I don't know how I really feel about it, but it might be fun in another list.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Glad it's working for you. I've got a friend who is just starting BA, I shall point him in the direction of your list.
I may regret that.
:laugh: potentially. BA aren't super competitive but they have some tricks if you plan your assaults right. Tell your friend if they ever need a sounding board for BA lists Heresy is the spot!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
To be honest it seems like 1850 is a tournament only thing @Topknot11, no one ever asks me to play it and I never think of it in favour of 1750/2000. This list is so optimized I don't see a need for 100 more points, and wouldn't want to get rid of anything to accommodate...well, anything really. Are DC more effective with a Chaplain or SG more effective with Dante? Sure (though they aren't entirely ineffective as is). Are 10 Scouts better than 20 Tactical marines in Rhinos? Not likely :laugh:

To explain some, I don't ever use Lords of War because it sometimes invites some serious bullshit at my club, which means Dante is out (unless I'm playing a game at 3k+ which is a rarity). I'd also not drop Tacs, Scouts just don't do enough or stay on the table long enough in my games for me to use them (again unless I'm rocking all the points in a massive game).

I have started running a ML2 Libby and Chaplain with my DC on occasion and have had fun with it, though I find I'm either facing someone with no or as many mastery level points as me and powers are OK to cast or I'm facing someone with all the mastery level points and they have enough dice that 6's come up and I'm nullified on the Blessing front.

There's a list I have with dual Stormravens at 2k but it's basically made for one guy at my club with FMCs and a Fire Raptor. I don't face enough flying threats to carry two to every match otherwise.

Ultimately I didn't play at this tournament because of work, and I likely will never play at a tournament because I have zero reason to pay to play and don't feel like I need to be rewarded with prizes for winning (bragging rights is more than enough for me). By all means if you see something you like in my lists put your own twist on it though, it's nice to know people are still reading the BA stuff I post every now and again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.