Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey man. I found a creative way to make my own heavy flamers instead of trying to buy new boxes of models. I bought some very inexpensive Imperial Guard heavy flamers from ebay bits suppliers. I sliced the dual fuel tank back packs in two and glued one where the hoses came out of the weapon. So it's carried like a SM flamer, but bigger with a badass fuel tank. I modeled up about four of these on some marines I whipped up out of my bits box.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll see if I can't get a decent pic up. The reason I went with it was that the SM ones are like 8 bucks vs the IG ones for around a dollar each. If I can't brag about saving money when I buy models my beautiful bride to be turns into the hulk.

·
Registered
434 Posts
not the greatest pic, but you can at least see the jist of what I did. Sorry no paint yet. With two book cases of models I get slack. I've thought about only painting models after they perform well in a friendly game and "earn" their colors.

So to keep it tactics oriented, how do you normally use tacticals in BA? It's not something I've done yet since back in 5th there was no point and I love the Flesh Tearer's Strike Force where I get all those FA options and generally just bring a small group of scouts as FOC filler. It just seems wrong bringing Dante in a Flesh Tearer list. That and I'd like to try out that old school furious charge sometime.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.