Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am not interested in having tanks,dreadnoughti or orthe units,only jump packs-----
If you have sugestions.. maybe you can tell me some sort of tactics for this kind of list...or I can have in my army any of these units :
Any HQ with jump pack - death company,sanguinary guard,sanguinary priest,chaplin,vanguard veterans-all of them with jump packs

***HQ

Librarian-jump pack -125
(Puteri:Sword of S.- str.10 close combat,Bright Lance-shooting str8 AP1,Lance)
Retiune-4veterans+1sanguinary priest n.-165

***Troops

Assault Squad X 10---2meltgun,1power fist --- 235

Assault Squad X 10---2 flamer ---200
Assault Squad X 10---2 flamer ---200
Assault Squad X 10---1 flamer,1meltagun ---205

***Elites
Sanguinary Priest X2 -jump pack ---150
)

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you are going to go pure jump pack you'll certainly need some VAS to pin down the enemy while the other units arrive or move up field.

Add some Sanguinary Guard with the Chapter Banner and if you've got the points, Dante. He makes jump armies work. Firstly by making sure his unit arrives exactly where they belong and secondly by weakening an enemy IC. And Sang Guard as scoring troops is a huge win.

On your current list, don't field any squads where the Sergeant doesn't have at least a power sword. Even if you have to reduce one of the squads down to 5 men to do it. RAS only function well when you have guaranteed no save attacks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know you said only jumpacks but consider furioso dreads with wings of sanguinius and might of heroes, if your gonna do jump packs why not a dreadnought with a jump pack its just warms the cockles of my heart to be able to have access to such asskickery.
think about it.

Sen

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you are using a pure JP list, then I agree. Dante and a Vanguard unit using Heroic Intervention is a sure fire way to get the army going. They will be focusing on getting those units off the board while your other units move in. And I also have to agree with not taking an Assault unit without a Power Weapon or Fist. The units are good, but if you can take saves against the entire unit, it gimps them too much. And I would also recommend giving your Sang Priests a power weapon. With Furious Charge, the amount of pain they bring with a simple power weapon is ridiculous.

So..a run down of what I suggest:

Dante attached to a RAS.
Vanguard for Heroic Intervention.
Power Weapon/Fist on all Sergeants.
Power Weapon on Priests.

And a Libby Furioso..can bring alot of utility and support, but remember..they are a 1 power/turn libby.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't go with the Honor Guard w/Jetpacks. Really, 4x Melta Guns, 4xLightning Claws, Sanguinary Guard is a good build.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have honor..but 5 melta 5 lc... is like 125 points...

Dread sorry... I wanted..but...HE can not be an angel...

Dante is good..but a bit expensive,instant death knocking on my door
VAS...maybe...let me think about it.

Anyway... I would like to give up 1 member of the last squad with his flamer...and for the rest of points... I would get me 2 melta in my honor gouard and a storm bolter on one sang priest.

Sergent with power weapon..i need about 45...tough decision

1 - 6 of 6 Posts