192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mephiston w/ Rhino
6x Marines + Razorback w/ Lascannons } x2
9x Death Company w/ Jetpacks + Lemartes
3x Sanguinary Priests w/ Bikes
Dreadnought
Baal Predator

What i've broken this down to is to rush the enemy, at all costs, working with the Blood Angels special 'fast' ability added to tanks, drive the entire army ontop of the enemy, the Death Company will be dropped from a Deep Strike and thrown at the enemy, the Razorbacks will soak up any armor issues (all 3 have Hunter Killer missles too) Meph i want to park in the Rhino until you're on the enemy (if i can ;_;) the dread needs to be converted into a DC dread but i haven't yet, but it'll get Deep Striked in with the DC with Blood Talons.

i took out the Guard for the Sanguinary Priests because i wanted the Blood Chalice, they make great combatants too with the motorbikes.

sounding better? i'm wondering what i should do to make this a 500pt army for dealing with my friends (one who found out how to field a Land Raider) so i'm thining take out the Rhino, the Priests, and some of the Death Company (Including Lemartes), and rush the Land Raider with the Razorbacks. and use a regular HQ instead of Meph since he's pretty point heavy.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Mephiston w/ Rhino
Mephistion can't have a Rhino. Nor can he join another unit. And no unit down in the next list can "loan" him a Rhino. Why is he in this list?
6x Marines + Razorback w/ Lascannons } x2
I assume these are Assault Marines with no packs? I'd drop one Razorback, and make the 2nd unit x10 with a Rhino and Melta guns/infernus pistols.
9x Death Company w/ Jetpacks + Lemartes
Can be led off by their Black Rage. You're MUCH better off taking the 320 extra points you spend on jump packs and Lemartes and buying a Land Raider and Thunder Hammer/Power Fists for your death company. Lemartes is nice, but Death Company out in the open without support are not a good unit IMO.
3x Sanguinary Priests w/ Bikes
Why Three and why on bikes? You only have two units that could be benefited by these, and they are full in their buses. Singletons on bikes are just asking to be picked off, FNP or no. I'd suggest walking Priests, or opening up space in the transports for priests.
Dreadnought
Furioso I hope, with claws and melta gun/heavy flamer
Baal Predator

What i've broken this down to is to rush the enemy, at all costs, working with the Blood Angels special 'fast' ability added to tanks, drive the entire army ontop of the enemy, the Death Company will be dropped from a Deep Strike and thrown at the enemy, the Razorbacks will soak up any armor issues (all 3 have Hunter Killer missles too) Meph i want to park in the Rhino until you're on the enemy (if i can ;_;) the dread needs to be converted into a DC dread but i haven't yet, but it'll get Deep Striked in with the DC with Blood Talons.

i took out the Guard for the Sanguinary Priests because i wanted the Blood Chalice, they make great combatants too with the motorbikes.

sounding better? i'm wondering what i should do to make this a 500pt army for dealing with my friends (one who found out how to field a Land Raider) so i'm thining take out the Rhino, the Priests, and some of the Death Company (Including Lemartes), and rush the Land Raider with the Razorbacks. and use a regular HQ instead of Meph since he's pretty point heavy.
Deep striking Death company is dead death company. They aren't good standing around shooting, really.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, i didn't know he couldn't have a transport. i really like Meph because he's a strong HQ, but i have units to replace him, like it says in my Post i didn't know if i could put him in a rhino or not.

i had put the Priests on bikes so they could move with the tanks keeping cover behind them. the Priests are in a squad, as the rulebook suggests you can do, Blood Chalice says any friendly unit within 6 inches has the FNP rule. not the squad the priests are attached to. the Blood Angels tanks are 'fast' units and move better than regular Rhinos and such, leaving the Priest squad on foot wouldnt give them the ability to provide the support they need to, putting them in the Rhinos and Razorbacks would work though, i was just planning on keeping them back, but close enough to grant thier bonuses

the dread i was hoping to make DC with blood talons so i could Deep Strike him and tear up infantry.

the Death company are assaults, they don't have to just 'stand around and shoot'. the idea was to go in melee with them, the squads of marines and the baal predator have shooting duty. the DC have a WS of 5, and can reroll hits and wounds with 2 attacks, why would i not slice up infantry with them?

I guess the army is too high point because of the additions i've made, i can tune it down to a lower point army if i remove Lemartes and meph, but Lemartes makes such a great Chaplain for them (not to mention that making a standard chaplain like him costs about as much.)

i could add Land Raiders, but they cost alot $$ wise, i'm working with units that i had purchased a while back just for fun, Lemartes Meph and the Baal Predator are my only new updates. i would have to Deepstrike the LR's too or else they would just be dragging along behind my faster vehicles.

I'll put the DC in the Rhino, but i don't see how with Descent of Angels if it'll be any different Deep Striking them rather than pulling up in a rhino (not to mention a tank is just a good way to get the entire squad popped)

anyway, i was just trying to tweak the army the way i was told to last time i was on here ;_; please be gentle.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
The problem is if you Deep Strike Death Company, there is an entire round they cannot assault. Their only option is to shoot or run, but NOT assault. That makes them very vulnerable at that size to your enemy slaughtering them before they have any effect on the battle.

I hear you about Land Raiders being $$$. Honestly, I'd have advised a Storm Raven instead, keep your DC dread and the DC nice and toasty as you deliver them to an assault. But if you're going with what you have, that's not going to work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the purpose of playing my friends I can keep it as is then, when i'm playing at the shop i'll test it out with the Rhino and Deep strike, so does the rest of the strategy make sense then of pushing fast towards the enemy?(as long as i replace Meph with someone who can ride in a Rhino @[email protected] why can't you be an independent character meph! GOD!)

the tanks move 18"
bikes can move 24"
and my Jump packs can move 12"

so i was gonna close the gap on the enemy this way, not give them room to strategize, a board can be pretty big but as i've noticed most are around 4ft wide, wich means i can clear 1/2 the field in one move, then deep strike my DC just behind the tanks and the Dreadnought just close enough to the enemy to make em shake. all of my units within 6" of my priests will have FNP and Fearless, so i create an inescapable wall of lead and metal :D.

Ill take out Meph and just use a Captain, waay lower cost, and i can fit him in with another squad in the rhino. i'll save Meph for my friends and when i start to make a bigger army.

man, i should have stuck with buying Dante, sh**.. lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
y dont you try a librarian with a jump pack and epistolary and might of heroes and unleash rage then keep him behind your wall of tanks and wait for you dc to deep strike in then next turn assault with the librarian and the dc together d3 extra attacks and preferred enemy i do this with my librarian and guard and there is nothing left after the assault phase in my games then

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
BloodAngel666, consider the use of Capitals and punctuation. That's not a bad plan, but you have to consider that many armies have things that might deep strike or outflank behind the "wall of tanks" making the jump pack librarian kinda a cheap kill point.

HKJGN, your plan is fine if you get first turn. If you don't, you're in danger of an early deployment kill. Your transports aren't helping you if they're smoking wreckage in your deployment zone. Just be aware of that, BA are very susceptible to that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is also kinda intended for me and my friends, of course i'll probably play a little at the shop but for now its just for fun, all of these sound like good ideas though. i did notice that the only real advantage for Blood angels is speed, and if i don't get the first turn i'll have to really play hard ball and find another way to strike, at that point i could hold off deep striking the DC until i've made a decisive strike on the enemy, and then Deep Strike my DC behind them and lock up anything severely dangerous in armed combat. again the Dread bieng a great Anti Infantry plus with the Baal Predator. if i don't get first turn i'll get my marines out of the transports and move on foot, using the vehicles for cover and fire support until realistic cover can be found. the Razorbacks are really for punching tanks, not just transport, i could possibly save points taking them out and replacing them with a land raider later on with a squad of 10. but the 'fast' option on them i liked more, since i could close the gap better than i could with a Land Raider (ofc, that not being the original intention of a Land Raider.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts